Coincidence?

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it my imagination, but the number of times now that AA and KK turn up in the same deal appears to be consistant. It may be because they are so close to each other that it is noticed, but I can't recall this happening with other close together pairs.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Not really, what happens is that players do play more AA, KK, QQ, JJ than say 33, 22, 44, etc up to 99.
With Low pairs must players just Fold those pairs, in the other hand, we (including myself) will keep on playing the top pairs AA, KK :deal:

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi :ciao:
i no believe that the situation
easiest is to check your hand history stats then you see that the frequency exact for you
if you determine your conclusion by the pairs you "see" it likely the case as pescaofish say - players usually play those high pairs to showdown
so gives you that illusion

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really, what happens is that players do play more AA, KK, QQ, JJ than say 33, 22, 44, etc up to 99.
With Low pairs must players just Fold those pairs, in the other hand, we (including myself) will keep on playing the top pairs AA, KK :deal:
+1 Plus psychologically, we are more likely to remember hands we barely lost on than ones where we were behind the whole way. This is a great contributor to the infamous "pocket Aces never win." They certainly do win the majority of the time, but players remember the times they lose more often because they are expecting the "better" hand to win and this is a flawed mindset. Likewise, your Cowboys (KK) losing to pocket Aces has a better chance of staying with you in the few cases where they occur.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
+1 Plus psychologically, we are more likely to remember hands we barely lost on than ones where we were behind the whole way. This is a great contributor to the infamous "pocket Aces never win." They certainly do win the majority of the time, but players remember the times they lose more often because they are expecting the "better" hand to win and this is a flawed mindset. Likewise, your Cowboys (KK) losing to pocket Aces has a better chance of staying with you in the few cases where they occur.
Just to clarify, what I am trying to say isn't that certain hands ALWAYS outplay other hands, but that there is danger in over-estimating a hand than what the math actually is. Pocket Aces will beat Pocket Kings a lot (classic set over set theme, but here with pocket pair over pocket pair), but we are naturally more inclined to remember the bitter loses we barely got into than the hands where we weren't so close to winning.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
AA vs KK is the Titans' confrontation at the game table where in most cases they go all in. Only this way the game can eliminate a good player, stretching a trap.

R

Rad210

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We just remember the bad beats way more than the hands where you 3-bet with kings and villain folded.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it my imagination, but the number of times now that AA and KK turn up in the same deal appears to be consistant. It may be because they are so close to each other that it is noticed, but I can't recall this happening with other close together pairs.

there may be a theory for this, usually when AK comes, someone comes with a pair, it may be coercive or it may be some poker entity ....... there are people who believe that there is no coicit, so there is some explanation, already other people is just coincidence ......

I actually don't even know what to say, I just watch !!
uIOAHe oaIUHE aoUEHAUEhoa

:stupido3: