Climbing up the next stake issues

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello cc members how did you climb up the stakes for cash game and spins. I have issues with these points:
1 you need bigger byuin lets say you play 0,25 spins. To try single 1$ game this is 4 times current game. So to give a shot with lets say 5 byuins buffer you need to prepare 20 byuins from current game
2 Skill of opponents increases.
3 Psychological effect of playing for more money

Combining these 3 it is closer to impossible for me to go up the latther for those who succeed can you provide some tips. Thanks

P

Pokerblitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say that good bankroll management is key.

Do you mean 25 cent spin&go's?
I would say a bankroll of 20 buy-ins is a minimum to play a certain stake when playing stt's, so at least $20 to play at $1 buy-in. (with 10 buffer preferred)
Also, bankroll management helps you mentally, when you are able to lose a few runs without a financial pressure, you will be more at ease, just move up when you feel comfortable. (and you will have losing streaks although you might be making the right moves, variance eh)

When you find the opponents at a higher stake harder to play than work on your game before moving up in stakes.

In the end the way you play and learn should be more important than making money. Rather look at how much big blinds you earn per 100 hands for cash or your ROI (return on investment) when you have played 100 stt's, instead of the amount of money.

Hope it helps, good luck at the tables!

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a general rule 20 buyins should be the minumum in any cash games. Depending where you play, start with the cheapest level and once your bankroll is reached move up one level. Don't carry the baggage of others being better that you, they probably are not.

M

Mepper95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By applying good bankroll management you reduce a lot of stress of playing higher stakes. Once you beat a certain level, go up in stakes. You will learn to adapt as you go. Don't be ashamed to go down in stakes if you struggle to keep up with the money balance.

Good luck!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good bankroll management is really important. I would recommend 50 buyin bankroll and not 20 so that you can survive some loosing streaks. You should first start at lowest stakes and play till you win big enough bankroll for the next level. For example if you play at 0.25$ and your next level is 0.5$ you should first earn at least 25$ playing at 0.25$ before moving up to the 0.5$ level.