re: Poker & Clearing Up The Subject of "Poker Account Sharing"
That doesn't really 'clear up' anything, sorry.
JJProdigy was a known cheater who was banned from FT, obviously anyone who lets someone who is banned play on their account is going to have action taken against them as well.
Knowing all the stuff that's been said about Neverwin in the last few months, imo there's only a very small chance that nothing dodgy aside from multiaccounting has gone on there, too.
These cases certainly aren't as simple as "x had to go and let y take over for the rest of such and such a donkament", anyway.
Edit: Now this is more like it in terms of 'clearing things up'
Stars tourney rules...
- With trivial exceptions, a player may play on only one account during a tournament and may not "hand off" his seat in mid-event to a different player. Violation of this rule may result in penalties ranging from a warning, to disqualification from the tournament (with partial or full forfeiture of winnings), to barring from PokerStars.
- You get a phone call during a PokerStars tournament. You ask your husband, who has already busted out of that tournament, to play your hands for you. You are on the phone for ten minutes and then resume play. This is permitted.
- You and a friend, who is a tournament pro, are playing in the same tournament. You agree that if he busts out before you do, he will take over playing your account. This is prohibited.
- You are playing in a tournament and lose power in your home due to a failure of your power station. You call a friend and he takes over until your power is returned. This is permitted.
- Your husband is out of town for the weekend, but gives you his password. You log into both his account and yours and play both accounts in the same tournament. This is prohibited.