Classifying Villains

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been watching some streams of players on twitch and I never realized how many players that would have tagged at any given time. I have made very few player tags and ever fewer players have notes with any significant meaning.

With that being said I wanted to ask the community how they organize their player tags and what the classifications of the different tags are (eg do you use good reg, bad reg, rec player or classify them some other way based on their stats or hands you have seen.)

Thanks for your thoughts and I look forward to hearing your replies!

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use a simple tagging system that is pretty accurate i think for 6 max and doesn't overwhelm you with colour coding. Full ring would be different though,probably take away 5 points from each stat for full ring

Nit 20/15 and below
Tag 20/15 - 25-20
Lag 25/20 - 30/25
Aggro 30/25 and above
Fish = high vpip/pfr gap

Last edited:
R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that making tags on players is very important !! What tags to put is your own business! You can call these tags as you please - the main thing is that you understand what they mean!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not use notes on players. Although, I am sure that such notes can be very helpful.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use a simple tagging system that is pretty accurate i think for 6 max and doesn't overwhelm you with colour coding. Full ring would be different though,probably take away 5 points from each stat for full ring

Nit 20/15 and below
Tag 20/15 - 25-20
Lag 25/20 - 30/25
Aggro 30/25 and above
Fish = high vpip/pfr gap

Thanks Cabedor! 6-Max is my normal cash game. I also think that the additional attention paid to tagging players would overall be a positive as I'd be more actively engaging my mind during game play.

Thanks again and I think I'll start using your numbers as a base moving forward!

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks Cabedor! 6-Max is my normal cash game. I also think that the additional attention paid to tagging players would overall be a positive as I'd be more actively engaging my mind during game play.

Thanks again and I think I'll start using your numbers as a base moving forward!

Your welcome and for the fish vpip/pfr gap i would look for something around a gap of 10. Anything much under that and they go into one of the other catergories.I don't really go mad with notes either i just note anything out of the ordinary and bluffs they are capable of and things like that.Mark the hands for review during sessions if you dont like taking notes in the game which is what i do.Then you can spend a relaxed half hour with a coffee after a session running through those hands.While making notes if needed and positing one or two hands for conversation.Gl

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use a hold'em manager, he automatically divides the players, you just need to adjust to different types of games. Text notes I do not do. Color notes on the type of opponents: fish, weak regular, non-adequate, nit, regular, top regular.

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here is a good video from GodsBigToe that was just mention on his stream last night.

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
And I think that placing colored labels is important for the game of poker.Nyama matter the color of the label or note it is important only to you razbirate.Postavyaneto labels and notes is the most efficient 6 max tables:):):)

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anyone have some general numbers for tournaments? I've been playing $0.25 SNGs and by the time the final two tables everyone (including myself) has huge gaps in VPIP/PFR. Does this mean I'm playing too passive as is the rest of the population?