Choices

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When we are playing poker, we often fail to see the flop because another player raised in their Bet or was all in before you entered the game. When this often occurs give that anger, because your cards would win the pot full. From this comes the regret of not having trusted those cards, especially if the opening of the cards you find that your opponent was bluffing.
In other situations agent regrets a lot of getting into that pot because he ends up losing a lot, and could have left for the hand more did not leave and took damage.
In this situation, what is the worst regret of playing or regret for not having played that play that can make a profit or a loss.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that you do not need to regret it at all.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Such situations are an integral part of the game.
You need to analyze the mistakes and refine your skills.

Betmakers

Betmakers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fact is that, in particular in online poker, the flop, the turn and river is automatically reborn every second. From what follows - it is by no means a fact that the cards seen on the board after the discharge would have been such if they had not been thrown out.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It happens many times to fold a medium pair in frond of a big raise and the see that your pair was winning. In such a situation I feel surprised like most players, but I play my game and I trust it, watching the maths of the game.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I have a lot of such moments when I discard the card and she could play well and win, but for this I need a risk, sometimes I play on a not very good card and sometimes I win, if the big bets are made by the players, I drop the bad cards but when the bet is not big then I play and I want to see the flop, in poker you sometimes have to risk because a good card does not always come!

Comdemn

Comdemn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When we are playing poker, we often fail to see the flop because another player raised in their Bet or was all in before you entered the game. When this often occurs give that anger, because your cards would win the pot full. From this comes the regret of not having trusted those cards, especially if the opening of the cards you find that your opponent was bluffing.
In other situations agent regrets a lot of getting into that pot because he ends up losing a lot, and could have left for the hand more did not leave and took damage.
In this situation, what is the worst regret of playing or regret for not having played that play that can make a profit or a loss.

This is the secret of success-how to choose the right strategy for the game). When you find your style and your style of play, it will be easier for you and you will be able to build on this when forming a strategy for each game. When you master the basic skills of the game, learn math, you will start to form your own style of play. In the future, thanks to experience, you will adjust your game for the better, this will be the beginning of your journey, thanks only to your personal choice! Now you can not decide the choice, but later you can do it automatically) Practice and improve, good luck!

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You'll find that these questions are irrelevant. They only exist because your mind is still focused on playing the cards and not the player. Understanding pot odds, classifying a play style(LAG, TAG, LP, etc.), correctly assessing someone's range, proper play from position, getting max value out of hands, etc. These will eventually be your largest concern. It's difficult to get around this type of thinking because hand analysis videos, poker on TV, and much of what you talk about with other players are successful hands that won at Showdown. We all have this obsession with seeing Four Aces lose to a Royal Flush. The way poker is won is like football. It's in the trenches where the nasty dog fighting is going on. Hands that are won preflop, or on the flop, turn or river without going to showdown. Or when you perfectly break down a villians hand and correctly make a call with ace high to take a large pot at showdown. Having flopped a set and had your opponent call you down with mid pair getting max value from him. Comfortably, correctly and successfully playing out of position. Do worry about what could've been and focus if mathematically or theoretically it was the correct play

melodyman169

melodyman169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Looks like Shakespear's 'to be or not to be'

Don't regret, my friend, this is the game only.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find I made the right decision. I have regrets on math decisions occasionally because the right choice was made but those garbage hands would have hit. But such is poker

Empress

Empress

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is frustrating, especially when the other party was bluffing. But I agree with a previous comment, have no regrets. As long as you have chips/money in the game, you will always get a new hand. If a player would be putting you all-in, that's a pretty risky call to make with a "hopeful" hand.

W

willko01000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
interesting

You need to have your skill set tight and your rules for bet sizing,placement, position etc.

If you keep getting stuck in hands you wish you hadn't then look at these factors as the other player must generally be looking to trap you and your not seeing it.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beat the momentary regret, but what is the certainty that if you went into the hand the flop would be the same? I believe you have to pay more attention to what the villains open and give all in than to worry about a hand that could not even happen if I were in it.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
There is no need to be angry. Anger always prevents you to play well. When I have a bad mood or anger at someone, I always make wrong decisions. It іs your mistake to get angry. Think about it.
Good luck.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The point is, there are several paths in poker, not always what seems to be the best is right.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So many times I fold 7 2 preflop to see a flop that makes me a set or a full house and I am just sitting out watching the pot getting huge from bluffs. I just imagine how good would it be to have called but I never regret not calling with 7 2. Cause thats gamble. And its results-oriented thinking, which is a bad.

Although I remember clearly watching Negreanu do exactly that. Folding his hand preflop, and after the flop clicked to reveal his folded cards to see if it was a good flop for him:D:D:D

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today I did this, no friday cardschat. I was with a KK pair in the middle position, I raised and soon the cut of called. and on the flop came J89, I gave chek and he raised, as there was a sequel pull I thought of going all in, but I remembered that if I did not I would get to the ITM

I made this decision because you need to get to the ITM, you need bankroll

Last edited by a moderator:
V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's a lot easier to call marginal hands if you have a
big stack of chips. You have to decide wether or not
you want to gamble with middle pairs and if you did
not call and would have hit a set on the flop, so be it.
No regrets, thats poker.

S

supasonicjungle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree i dont feel the need to regret folding good cards preflop

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Try to call every preflop raise then and keep waiting for your hand to hit the board!Seems like a solid strategy to me. After that feel free to share with us your improvement in the game! Apparently I am kidding!

Poker is a game of incomplete iinformation , if you fold pre flop for the A,B or C reason end of story. There is no reason to look again your cards!No reason at all.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Losing is part of the game, what we should know is what margin of risk we can face. It depends on bankroll, if you have a good bankroll you can risk more, otherwise you should be careful

Many of us took some bluffs.

Regretting when I lose, than when I stop winning. In poker there is this question, lose or fail to win.

Last edited by a moderator:
manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both In poker and life you never must never regret, you just have to learn from your mistakes to be better every single day.

cazual88

cazual88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I had much less experience, I also worried about losing a lucky hand. But now for me it is absolutely not important. Playing too many hands is very bad at a great distance.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with Iryna, there are many pots you will not see in poker but self discipline is key. Its too late after you fold and the bigger considerations should be - why has he raised, what is that bet size, whats their image ..this is why we have huds :)

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea. Especially if you're like "I knew it. Iwould have hit this crap hand."