Chip leader a dream of mine

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently played the 600 gtd 1,10$ buy in at PS and with no more than 30 minutes I was the chip leader.The sensation of being chip leader is magnificent and gratifying but we have to be with our eyes well opened or the opponents can get our chips.I finished the tourney at 21th with 4,50$ of gain;I think I should be more active at the final fase buy I prefered stay quiet and let the others kill themselves.My strategy when I'm the chip leader is:Stay quiet and let they kill themselves.And you people What do you do when you are the chip leader?

Attachments

• depositphotos_12377027-stock-photo-poker-player-going-all-in.jpg
    depositphotos_12377027-stock-photo-poker-player-going-all-in.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm when I stuff a lot of chips and I'm a chip leader and I make a lot of mistakes and lose, I do not know why but when I have a lot of chips, I have a bad card and I lose a lot!

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm when I stuff a lot of chips and I'm a chip leader and I make a lot of mistakes and lose, I do not know why but when I have a lot of chips, I have a bad card and I lose a lot!
Me too! The mistakes I make are stupids! That 's why I prefer stay quiet and wait for the other players to eliminate themselves.

Last edited:
henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to gain more chips from the low stacks by pressing them.

S

shadow72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Other than harassing the small stacks, I play pretty much the same way that got me to the top of the leaderboard.

In other words, don't fix something that isn't broken ;)

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very often, a good card does not come to pokerstars for a long time ...
And you have to choose with which combination to play or not ...
And rarely anyone can make the right choice ...
Therefore, I also often fall .. and they eat me ...))))
:driver:

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It does not matter to me, how much I have chips at the table. I always try to play my good game and patiently wait for good cards.

charlesdenis

charlesdenis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the good thing about being a chip leader is that you can put pressure on the table, play well forward.

AL THOMAS

AL THOMAS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hard to balance

its tricky I find when I have lots of chips I start rating my hands differently. weaker hands suddenly become great hands and I call a lot more. I know with having lots of chips the best strat is to play more aggressive but I just seem to play worse.

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read a lot how to play with a large stack and saw more than once at the tables in the tournaments! Constant pressure on the short stacks, the styling of the blinds and the insane hands on the all-in,when 2-7 conventional large stack beat a couple of AA or QC! But I can not increase my stack, if I beat out in the chip-leaders, probably no experience, I often play with a small stack, and chip-leader is extremely rare! We need to improve this component of the game!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you're a chip leader at a table or in a tournament, that means your game is right and you need to continue playing this way.

J

janisromanov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually if i chep leader, i lost my chep with AA or KK vs 34-45 and others low card

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You should be extra careful how to manage all those chips. People who don't have much experience they tend to play everything after the chip lead and they often put themselves into marginal spots. And after all that ''exposure'' in marginal spots you probably gonna lose chips!

After a massive chip lead play almost your regular game and you can widen your range a little bit, but don't overdo it.It is not your job to eliminate all the players at the table.

Good Luck!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think that in this case, when you have the most tournament chips, you need to concentrate even more, and use every situation as best you can.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Love it

I love being chip leader. It is awesome stacking other people chips into your stack.

bekel285

bekel285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You still have to play right and try and win as much chips as you can even if your the chip leader. Don't go too passive or too aggressive just because you have the most chips.

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should be extra careful how to manage all those chips. People who don't have much experience they tend to play everything after the chip lead and they often put themselves into marginal spots. And after all that ''exposure'' in marginal spots you probably gonna lose chips!

After a massive chip lead play almost your regular game and you can widen your range a little bit, but don't overdo it.It is not your job to eliminate all the players at the table.

Good Luck!
I really apreciate your comment!That's what I need to do but the problem is that I overdo it.

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're a chip leader at a table or in a tournament, that means your game is right and you need to continue playing this way.
Oh really! My game was right that day but when I saw the litlle prize I prefered win 4,50$ and got scared to be eliminated and win 1,30$ or 1,75$.I spent too many time on that tourney and I was really tired so I prefered play passive and ensure my 4,50$.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
big stack pressure is a great way to build your stack. open up your ranges and start shipping it

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My strategy when I'm the chip leader is:Stay quiet and let they kill themselves.And you people What do you do when you are the chip leader?
Congratulations on becoming the chip leader in a tournament. It is a good accomplishment.

I have not yet been the chip leader in an online tournament so I can only speak from being the chip leader in a live tournament. In a live tournament I continued to play a solid game with good cards; however I also added in looking for spots that I could steal chips from my opponents that were playing weak. The moment I noticed weakness I did not care about my cards, I instantly put pressure on my opponent by making a raise. I was able to win a few $70 buy-in tournaments at Harrah's in Las Vegas doing this strategy.

I have thought about what I would do in an online tournament if I were the chip leader. I don't think much would change. I would look for weakness and pounce on it regardless of my cards, but other than that continue to play a thoughtful game.

Good luck!

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations on becoming the chip leader in a tournament. It is a good accomplishment.

I have not yet been the chip leader in an online tournament so I can only speak from being the chip leader in a live tournament. In a live tournament I continued to play a solid game with good cards; however I also added in looking for spots that I could steal chips from my opponents that were playing weak. The moment I noticed weakness I did not care about my cards, I instantly put pressure on my opponent by making a raise. I was able to win a few $70 buy-in tournaments at Harrah's in Las Vegas doing this strategy.

I have thought about what I would do in an online tournament if I were the chip leader. I don't think much would change. I would look for weakness and pounce on it regardless of my cards, but other than that continue to play a thoughtful game.

Good luck!
Great comment yours!Best of luck for you.