Chinese in poker.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have noticed the great presence of Chinese players in poker tournaments and there are some with great potential for the game, this is good for poker and for those who like to play with good players.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it seems that nobody likes to play with the Chinese here,

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

The question is too broad for people to bother to answer.

Do you mean Chinese citizens or Chinese diaspora? If so people count English Chinese or American Chinese as just that - English or American etc.

If talking of Chinese citizens, then the official position of the Chinese government was to ban online poker in 2018 I believe. Obviously there are ways for people to circumvent a governments official position and play, but most are not doing this registered as Chinese (the only ones I know were based in HK). So most here will have little to no idea if they are playing Chinese citizens or not.

GG poker boasts its initial growth came from Asia but trying to pin down where exactly this is from (in terms of countries) appears a little elusive.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, I hope that the Chinese government will change its stance towards Poker. It would be great to have Chinese players playing freely without having to hide their identities.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not care what nationality my opponents are. For me, the main thing is victory, so the nationality of opponents does not matter.

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HMMM

At first glance this thread looked iffy. Personally i dont like to judge players based on their race. I believe it blinds you from the actual tells you could be getting. All i want to know is if the player is tigh(passive,aggresive), or Loose(passive, aggresive). Thats all you need to know and also every human plays poker different dont judge them on something as non-sequitur as race.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will gladly take their money no matter what country they are from …… even outer space for that matter. HA HA

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I did not notice anything like that. Maybe you just registered an account on a Chinese site?

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, I also noticed that recently there have been more players from China !!!

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I played in CardsChat freerolls at 888 Poker there were Chinese players that would play in these tournaments very often.But,I haven't played at 888 Poker in a long time,so I wouldn't know if there are more or less Chinese players in tournaments now.