Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hello and play chess and poker love both games but read to show their full potential must leave one to have more time for one and give myself fully to it. What advice would you give me? My poker makes more money but the races live chess is a good variety for me I do not know what to do ....:confused::confused::confused:

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion chess and poker are games different.

Chess = 100% skill
Poker = 60% skill 40% luck

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can do both. Bring your lap-top, (for poker), and set it next to the chess board. Fun and challenging.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Somewhere else playing chess for money? The program for calculating moves almost killed this wonderful ancient game.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Chess = 100% skill
I don't agree at all. Skill without knowledge will still get you nowhere and I assume the 40% luck factor you refer to in poker relates to the run of the cards...I don't think you can depend on the run of the cards to win...the greater skill in poker is still staying alive when you are card dead

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you do not care what game to play, then it is better to play poker. Double benefit will be.

A

AJantwan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't agree at all. Skill without knowledge will still get you nowhere and I assume the 40% luck factor you refer to in poker relates to the run of the cards...I don't think you can depend on the run of the cards to win...the greater skill in poker is still staying alive when you are card dead
It's both. In the short run, luck obviously plays a factor. Think about one hand. If you're skilled enough, can you guarantee you will win that hand? No. But in chess, you could.

But yes, in the long run, poker is 100% skill too. But I don't think some people understand just how long the long run is. Unless you're bleeding chips on every hand, most of a person's wins and losses come from about 5-10% of their hands, so if you have bad luck, on say 5 of those, it can cause significant variance. Of course, if you keep on plugging, you'll eventually have good luck on 5 other hands, and it will all even out.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
They can not compare. In chess the result of the game gives it your mind while in poker you hit the RNG

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which gives you the most satisfaction? That is your answer!!

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i was in the navy i ran chess games at five bucks a game at the bar on base and made good side change if you are good i'd try something like that at least to fuel your poker bankroll

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Chess = 100% skill

I feel like you got those percantages right except I will argue the luck percentage waters down if you are putting more volume.

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My advise is to do and focuse on wath you think you are best at.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Despite both games are mental, they are very different from each other. In poker you you have to administrate the down swing waves with the best strategy and skill, in a long run.
In chess, you rely on your skill only.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer poker. For both sports, a lot of knowledge is needed, but poker suits me a lot and it's simpler little. That's my choice. Greeting!

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also love playing chess. But I chose poker because I think this game is more promising for me.

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe it will depend a lot on your goals!
If you just want to spend a "little" time and make some money, poker is the right choice. Now, if you want something deeper, harder and demanding more studies, play chess.