Check Blind

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is your opinion of checking blind option in live play? Do you ever do this?

N

nenkov407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if you have rags you better check than raising.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea most of the time ofcourse. I just mean when your 1st act after the flop and you choose to check blind before the flop even comes.

B

BanOne28

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To me, checking blind is somewhat of a gimmick. It generally signifies weakness, since the player is essentially declining to even consider making an aggressive action.

However, it can also be construed as strength, since the player could simply be content the pressure on the opposing player(s) to act, satisfied with their hand.

Personally I never use it, but I recently noticed Michael Vela in the PokerStars Championship Bahamas utilizing the strategy. He checked blind several times with weak hands, and then at the final table he did it with a premium pair in an attempt to draw value out of his opponent.

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on bb check it's normally with marginal hand on bb vs sb.
you have position

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play a trapping style so will use it often with smaller pockets and suited connectors feeler hands

Padlington

Padlington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can play any two when checking from BB if you get lucky with rags could be an earner

S

Sourtubbie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have to say what I am about to write is just my take and nothing personal against people that use this play.

In my experience the guys that use this move,do it to often and usually give off the attitude that they are loose and are going to snap off whatever the other player bets.
"Its only money" types.
They usually take the line of check blind,snap call and wait to exploit a check on the turn or a weaker bet on the turn that they can re-pop or go crazy on the river and steal the pot. It works against meek players or people that can not read a board.
But it also announces to the player that you think you can out play them on the post flop game. To me it seems pointless because you open yourself up to being exploited by the rest of the table that knows what you are doing. Most people doing this move are not changing it up and doing this with the nuts and air,its usually one or the other.

I put it in the same category as splitting the blinds,not a fan.

If you are a reg it also gives me insight into who you think is weak and who you think is strong at the table and in the long term it will cost you.

I

igox97

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that checking blind is a good thinkg, if u can see floop for small chips its good for you, but u shouldnt limp too much