re: Poker & Chat Cheats?
Originally Posted by quads
Times a team of seven members equals over $100,000.00 a year. I also agree that cheating is pathetic. But, if you're trying to dismiss pro collusion teams, you're being foolish. Unfortunately, it does exist and it's a serious problem. I'd love to see the outcome of anyone playing against a team of four players at your table. Knowing about 8 cards preflop goes way beyond tiny tiny edges.
Yes but total doesn't matter. I could say that my job at McDonalds gets me millions of dollars. The whole team of us makes x in a year (I don't actually work there so I can't comment). Each person is making 15k a year, which for doing a job, is not all that great, I think it's around the poverty line.
And each person you add at a table decreases the profit for several reasons (I'm assuming they are better than average players)
1. They all are getting raked
2. If they play at different tables they play 4 times as many hands, thus their edge would have to net them an extra 3 times their individual normal return to be profitable
3. All this without using the traditional collusion techniques of squeeze betting, and unless all players had amazing hands, 8/52 of the cards known isn't all that huge of an advantage (see #2 at the advantage they would have to have to be profitable)
The edges I can see:
1. mentioned above, more knowledge than others
2. small decrease in rake, as if 2 players are in the hand one with a slightly better monster, they can ensure the pot is smaller than would normally happen. Still though, if they do this too much they will get caught. Awful fishy if the nuts checks it down or simply makes a small river value bet every time it's 2 out of 4 people who always happen to sit together
3. Best hand play. I would have all players almost always see a flop, the one who hits it the best plays it (or if they all miss and there's a lot of betting, they all just fold). Two problems with this: one, it's easy to catch. If half the table is seeing 80% of flops and some just happen to fold top pair when someone else hits a set or 2 pair, they know something's going on. Second problem, rake hits them hard if all 4 play every flop.
If they are profitable players, just seems they could make more money on their own playing than playing as a team.