Is CC a good forum????

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HA! I know that title would get attention!!!!

I was just voting for Katie (hotjenny314) as best poker author/blogger, and ran across a post from her stating she has heard/read that CC is the friendliest forum on the web. Now I found CC by chance, and it was my first forum. But as time passed, I began to do some sniffing around to see what the other forums have to offer. And the more I look, the happier I am I found this forum. It really has friendly posters, good info, and just all around a cool place. Thanks to Nick, Debi, Sly, DW, JQ and all the others for making this place what it is.

And you all thought you were gonna find a poster trashing the forum huh????

LMAO

as a side note, I was on 2+2 and my first post, introducing myself (those of you who know me know I like sarcasm and I cant keep posts short) and my first response was "ban OP" lol. I did get some immediate apologies from others tho, after my response was "wow, nice greeting........."
My first response here was, to say the least, a tad friendlier....:D

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea - overall we are far friendlier than most other forums. I have never seen a forum that was issue free including ours - but we seem to come the closest.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ban OP.

Last edited:
fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hell, just ban em all..........

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am gonna be the serious one here and say that CC has changed he way I look at and play poker. When I first got here I had questins and people had answers. Back then I didn;t listen and just kept doing my own thing. After time I started following the advice of the long time posters and it has really paid off in my results. In fact I was just having a look at my last 30 entries into a SNG or MTT and I cashed in 30 of them. A lot of them are FRs too which means my ROI is prolly ok right now on PS at least.

Anyway enough about me....praise CC.

PS back to me for one more minute. There have been times when I swore I was gonna quit poker forever. Thanks to membrs of CC I hung in there and I have become even better as a result. Thanks to all of you.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

"I did-ent"
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Aside from the mods. & the ban hammer, I think posters/members like ^ this one here (& OP), really make this place what it is.

Wolfpack43ACC

Wolfpack43ACC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CC has far less riff, raff and fluff than the other larger forums. I'd say it is a good forum, because less can sometimes be more. If that makes sense.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aside from the mods. & the ban hammer, I think posters/members like ^ this one here (& OP), really make this place what it is.

I gotta say, you being one (of the not so few) of the posters here whose opinion I really respect, that I really appreciate your comment here. I must reciprocate, and say that you are one of the helpful and generous - with your time and knowledge - CC'ers who REALLY make this place what it is. Sorry to steal your line here (wish I could do the same with your blinds), but it just fits.

And if I thought there was time I would list the others who I am personally indebted to, for helping and being patient and all the rest.
( I have to say thanks again to WizziM, Sly, Graf, Debi, oh man where do I stop)

PS Patrick, I will be in touch soon, as I need some more SNG advice.........

Last edited:
T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While we might have the amount of high stakes players that 2+2 has we have a tremendous amount of talent that is growing together and moving up in stakes. I would not be surprised to see a lot of CC'ers playing higher stakes in the next few years.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While we might have the amount of high stakes players that 2+2 has we have a tremendous amount of talent that is growing together and moving up in stakes. I would not be surprised to see a lot of CC'ers playing higher stakes in the next few years.
I would be. See, cc is a good forum for beginners and early level players but it offers nothing to people playing 200nl+. As I am sure history has shown that as people reach certain levels, their participation in the site decreases. It does not really mean much because cc has already served its purpose to those players and as they leave, new beginners come in to learn.

qia1989

qia1989

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would be. See, cc is a good forum for beginners and early level players but it offers nothing to people playing 200nl+. As I am sure history has shown that as people reach certain levels, their participation in the site decreases. It does not really mean much because cc has already served its purpose to those players and as they leave, new beginners come in to learn.
yes you can only learn to a certain level,than you can join it,for those people who left , i feel pity for them,cc has its own rule which is very reasonable for the beginners.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many other places can you learn about strategy, cash games, tourneys, talk to a pro, a mental coach, read an in depth discussion of cake and/or bastard, and see pictures of dancing cats? This site rocks!!

Z

zebadie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CC is the 1st forum ive been involved in actively, im still new but i have learned a heck of a lot here and have already took on board what people say, there are many opinions all of which are correct and the facts posted are true, im learning new things everytime i log in and try to pass some of my own advice to those who seek. I do not think i will even need to look for any other forums, CC is the best! TY to all at CC and GL at the tables.

DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Why do you think this is and what can be changed to help the forum?

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you think this is and what can be changed to help the forum?

Not enough people play 200nl to talk strategy with because people who play 200nl dont visit CC that much... its a chicken/egg thing. The freerolls arent that enticing to 200nl players either because the prizes arent large enough. Freerolls here are great and have ROI (time) that is huge for a 2nl player... 200nl players arent getting the same ROI... no two ways about it.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Worst Cards Chatting Forum Evvveeerr.

Honestly, I've viewed the 2+2 forums, they are not laid out very well, thus conveying itself to be not very friendly/usable. The railbirds forum was a little different, though I found that most of the members were just "flocking" there for the constant freerolls, weren't very knowledgeable, thus very donkish. CC is definitely the best cards site on the internet IMO, and a true community. Not to mention, flethdad, you are part of the reason this is true, along with the other great members.

Last edited:
DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Worst Cards Chatting Forum Evvveeerr.

Honestly, I've viewed the 2+2 forums, they are not laid out very well, thus conveying itself to be not very friendly/usable. The railbirds forum was a little different, though I found that most of the members were just "flocking" there for the constant freerolls, weren't very knowledgeable, thus very donkish. CC is definitely the best cards site on the internet IMO, and a true community. Not to mention, flethdad, you are part of the reason this is true, along with the other great members.

2383 posts and strangely enough ...who in the he double toothpicks are you?

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I agree CC serves beginning players the best but I still think this is a somewhat myopic viewpoint.

First, it is from the singular perspective of cash game players. A large part of the core culture here at CC is made up of tourney players. As a fan for ring games, I would love to see the mid stakes and up ring community grow here (again).

Secondly there are certainly players here who can help mid stakes players grow. But the mid stakes players need to participate for that to happen.

Which leads me to point #3. If mid stakes cash players leave CC then it's a bit of a chicken and egg thing yes? I mean, if you are a good midstakes player then find a good micro player and lift him up... otherwise you are just here to TAKE and not contribute. A community thrives when there is exchange and commitment.

I personally can't offera anything besides comedy to CC because I am an unteachable idiot who will never be any good at poker. You on the other hand might have something to offer.

Do you?

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting back to OP rather than the derail, thanks fletch, nice for the forum to be appreciated. As wsorbust said, you're part of the reason it's a great community!

Spookey

Spookey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From what i can gather till this day ...
I must say it a cool forum to be on :)
People are very friendly and alot of good content in here.

It made me improve on my poker skills ^_^

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I gotta say, you being one (of the not so few) of the posters here whose opinion I really respect, that I really appreciate your comment here. I must reciprocate, and say that you are one of the helpful and generous - with your time and knowledge - CC'ers who REALLY make this place what it is. Sorry to steal your line here (wish I could do the same with your blinds), but it just fits.

And if I thought there was time I would list the others who I am personally indebted to, for helping and being patient and all the rest.
( I have to say thanks again to WizziM, Sly, Graf, Debi, oh man where do I stop)

PS Patrick, I will be in touch soon, as I need some more SNG advice.........
No problems, lookforward to it, i might have to start playing guitar soon :D

and it's great to be a part of this great forum, it's the only forum i have been involved with and i really enjoy spending time on here.. (more than playing for the most part :D)

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To the OP question: Are there other poker forums ? Really ? Seriously ?

Thanks for mentioning me Jay - made me do a little dance :dancing2: .