Cardschat quoted in Poker Pro Magazine

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the March Poker Pro Magazine there's an article titled "Risking It All: Becoming a Poker Pro is a Life Changing Decision". Author Daniel Johnson relates the stories of two 22 year old players who decided to go pro. One succeeds; the other doesn't. Then he outlines what it takes to not only survive, but thrive in this way of life.

In a section called "Think Before Going Pro", he quotes extensively from the Cardschat strategy article titled "10 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Going Pro." The focus is on one of our fave CC themes--record keeping and BRM. :cool:

In the next section, "bankroll Blues", he details an interview he had with Dusty Schmidt about the subject, as well as other tips to succeed--all of which we CCers are familiar with because of his great thread here.

As if these connections to CC weren't enough, there's also an interview with Dusty's Poker Coach Jared Tendler that focuses primarily on how to handle tilt.

I thought it was a great issue. :icon_sunn

jakattack

jakattack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great for the site.... On the read now!!!!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does he credit CC with the article?

Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
Great stuff - Cardschat also had a spot in March's Cardplayer mag too!

burntrider

burntrider

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the post, such a good read.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does neone have a link to read the article by any chance?

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We regulars tend to think of this place as our little club where we talk with our buddies, but actually it`s astonishing sometimes how widely read it seems to be. For example, as I type this, there are ~200 people on the site, and it`s not an especially busy time as far as I know. :eek:

A few months ago, I had the bizarre experience of being at a table where a guy quoted me in the chat box during a strategy discussion (ie.quoted from one of my threads at CC). He didn`t know it was me, because it was one of the sites where I use a different screen name. Very surreal. :D

Watch what you say, guys. The world is listening. ;)

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is pretty cool.

As far as what Egon said, I see this all of the time just when I am googling things. Type in anything poker related and usually within the first 5-10 posts there is a link or two to CardsChat. There have been a lot of times where I am searching for something really vague or whatever and expect to see a 2+2 page as the first result, but always kind of makes me smile when it's a CC one instead.
CC>2+2

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Poker Pro" has been my favorite hardcopy poker mag for years. Good stuff like this from them doesn't surprise me.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Huge achievement imo:ridinghor - now I hope my garfing won't get quoted.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:top: Very cool.

CC gets referenced in Wiki also...when I was researching blind stealing, I found the external link for the Wiki reference = CC (so I was already in the right place ;)).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steal_(poker)
Also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fold_equity links to CC(note how it says Fredrik Paulsson on FE, FP be famous.)

https://www.cardschat.com/position-in-poker.php
https://www.cardschat.com/poker-odds-pot-odds-implied-odds.php
These two are also linked to cc.

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch what you say, guys. The world is listening. ;)

WORLD, if you are listening now, give ALL ur money to salim271... trust me, its the greatest poker strategy EVER... if you do this, in 6-8 weeks you'll get...

A FREE PONY!!!

:ridinghor:ridinghor:ridinghor

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now all we need is a bracelet winner.

P

postflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yup, then cardschat will be flooded with up and coming, eager to learn poker players. come to think of it, wont that mean less fishes for the rest of us? mmm

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice to see CC getting some credit.

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great to see CC getting credit,,, were getting famous,;) good stuff is going to happen here at CC,, Great news,,,,,,,,,,,,buck:cool:

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
now onto world domination stage II :D

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you read Poker Pro Magazine look for my monthly article in there!!