Cardschat and Its Members Give Back!
I had an idea for creating a "charity prop"for the month of March. I've recently seen some awesome stories in the news about athletes donating x amount of money to charity when they do certain things ( like 1k for every point scored, 10k per goal etc.) ...so I thought we should totally do something like this for poker!
Myself and a few cash game grinders talked it over and were going to donate a percentage of our profits to a charity of our choice next month. Personally, I'll be playing for The Greenview Foundation, which supports diagnosing and assisting in patients with Hepatitis C. (http://www.hepcfund.org/
) My Mom was actually diagnosed and successfuly beat this disease a few years ago so hopefully my donation can help assist others in combating this disease as well
^link to organization
This challenge is open to anyone, not just cash grinders . I'll be donating 10% of winnings, up to 5k. Feel free to donate any amount though, every little cent helps. It would be amazing if we could get a significant portion of CC behind this effort, so tell everyone you know about this!
List of participants:
will match the top donation up to $1k!
- donating 10% to http://www.hepcfund.org/
- donating 10% to ?
- donating 15% to top donator's charity
- donating 10% or $100 to Food Bank of the Southern Tier (http://www.foodbankst.org/)
- donating 10% to ?
- donating 50% of profits up to $500 to ?
- donating 10% or $100 to the top donator's charity
- donating 50% or $25 to http://www.wuqukawoq.org/
- donating 10% or $50 to http://www.apaesp.org.br
- donating 10% up to $500 to New Hope Trust, Watford (http://wnht.org/)
- donating $100 or 10% to American Red Cross
- donating 10% to http://www.bhf.org.uk/#&panel1-3
- donating 10% up to €200 to http://www.aware.ie/
- donating 10% or $100 to http://biglittlejc.org/
- donating $50 to top donator's charity
- donating $25 to http://www.gleaners.org/Give.aspx
the lab man
- donating 10% or minimum $50.00 to Canadian Cancer Society (http://www.cancer.ca/)
- donating $100 to Wounded Warrior Project (http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/)
- Made a donation toChild Relief and You (http://www.cry.org/index.html)
-- donating €50 to start and then €100 http://www.justgiving.com/MillieRoseAppeal
Originally Posted by Dorkus Malorkus
If anyone is still missing from the OP or wants to be added, post ITT and let us know. If you post/have posted in here and have been missed, just drop me a PM and I'll sort it.