Cardschat Exclusive: Lunar Poker Tour - Powered by Virgin Galactic

Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
Hey All,

I've had to keep quiet about this for ages so I'm super excited to finally announce the first ever poker tournament in space!

Cardschat has the exclusive announcement: Richard Branson & Virgin Galactic will be hosting Phil Ivey vs Daniel Negreanu live in space!

For more information see www.cardschat.com/lunar-poker-tour.php

CardsChat, in association with Virgin Galactic, announces the Lunar Poker Tour

CardsChat.com, in association with Virgin Galactic, is proud to announce the poker game of the century. Ivey will face off against Negreanu in a match that will make poker history by being played on board the International Space Station (ISS).

Branson, who’s Virgin Racing has had sponsorship deals with Full Tilt Poker in the past, is famous for making a splash when it comes to promotions. “I wanted to do something huge for Virgin Galactic and poker doesn’t get any bigger than Ivey and Negreanu. When I heard NASA had some room on the space shuttle the idea for the poker game of the century was born,” he told CardsChat.

Virgin Galactic has arranged for Ivey and Negreanu to be carried up to the ISS by the Space Shuttle Atlantis, which will fly its last mission at the end of June. There they will face off for a whopping $10 million prize pot. In addition, these poker gladiators will also be fighting for their respective sites to partner up with Virgin Galactic for the Lunar Poker Tour 2012 which will be held on board the Virgin’s SpaceShipTwo.

Spread the word - this is going to be huge!

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fantastic For CC...Makes me proud

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
DING DING DING. The clock strikes midnight in the UK. Great idea Nick, but I'd rather see Phil Hellmuth and say, oh I don't Liv Bouree! I'd love to see her in zero gravity.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gonna be so hard to stop the burn cards turning themselves over in zero gravity IMO :p

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its going to be out of this world.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nick. Just started to to spread the word. Holy shit is the right response to this. WOW. This could be the biggest thing ever to be seen by the poker world and thats not exaggerating.

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who's gonna deal this game? One of the crew?

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phricenawesome!

Its a word.....:D

Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
Since this is breaking news on Cardschat and I've heard by early next week there will be a huge media push and it will probably appear on many news programs around the world, help spread the word - click the facebook 'like' button on the page.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who's gonna deal this game? One of the crew?

I volunteered, then withdrew when I realised that in space nobody cares how well you pitch.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wowza:D :D :D :D Fricken coolness:top:

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since this is breaking news on Cardschat and I've heard by early next week there will be a huge media push and it will probably appear on many news programs around the world, help spread the word - click the facebook 'like' button on the page.

Done. This is awesome. :cool:

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wonder what time zone they'll be playing in? Some zones are a day ahead of others:confused: