This is a discussion on Cardinal Rules within the online poker forums, in the General Poker section; Hello, all:
I'm hoping this could be a bit of fun.
How many of you, have your own private "Cardinal Rules" when it comes to Poker, and
1. Put my cell phone on mute. I think it is rude to have my phone make noises at the poker table.
2. Do not talk on my cell phone at the poker table. I step away from the table to talk.
3. Put my cell phone down when I am in the hand.
4. Don't touch my face after touching all those dirty chips and cards. (Very hard to do.)
1. Follow strict bankroll management trying to keep bankroll of at least 50 MTT buyins at any time.
2. Do not play when not in optimal shape (tired, stressed, drunk)
3. Try to focus on the game and avoid distractions while playing.
4. Research how much time certain MTT can take at most (if you win it) and play only if you have such time and it will not harm your other activities.
I do have a couple of rules. Limping is for loosers. Exept for especific strategy calls i is either raise or fold. Another is to paly as if you had an unlimited bankroll, dont sweat the money.
Also paly tournaments from the beginning to majke chips and win , not just to make the money.