BRM question

F

formertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i had a post up a while back on a challenge that i'm starting in july but it got me thinking about BRM from a very low stake. assuming one played just the cardschat freerolls and the occasional other freeroll if it seems to have decent EV (or boredom) there's a guaranteed cashflow (albeit a small one) into the poker account so one could play slightly higher stakes than BRM would justify. is there any guess how to calculate what that should be?

my hypothetical numbers would be roughly a dollar a day into ACR (once i get in the CC club of course) and roughly a dollar a week into intertops and BoL since i'd only play those freerolls one day per week. would i just play the lowest stake tournament over and over till i either rolled up to the next one or bankrupted or would it be better to just hold the winnings until i had a certain amount before playing at more resonable stakes? i only have a few hours per day to play, but would be perfectly fine playing .28 or .55 matches on ACR or .09/.24 SNG on intertops or something if that was what the math justified i also dont mind just playing one tournament at the BI of whatever i had just one in a freeroll whether it be 50 cents or 50 bucks. i'm just not sure what to do.

another question i have is that i didn't really like playing on BoL or intertops, except for the free rolls, so would it be feasible to build a small bankroll there and trade it for ACR or back people on there and either let it ride for a while or get paid back in ACR dollars?

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Playing the lower buy-ins will also give you more practice in poker, in my opinion.
And when you see, that you are beating that level good, you are also better prepared to level up in stakes.

About ACR and BoL, I can't say anything, because I am not playing there.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AFAIK, there is no way to 'trade it back' on either BOL or Itops. So here you might want to just be way more patient. Many of us old timers have small br's sitting on sites we haven't visited since our last computer! I have br's on at least 6 active sites, and gawd knows how many br's exist in my name.

For the most part, if you mainly play for the entertainment and the challenge, you won't need to worry about those small br's. Work to build up those small br's if you can (like thru the CC fr's) then splurge on a big game on occasion. Also don't discount the value of playing play money games.

Your in this for fun.....so have some!

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
For the most part, if you mainly play for the entertainment and the challenge, you won't need to worry about those small br's. Work to build up those small br's if you can (like thru the CC fr's) then splurge on a big game on occasion. Also don't discount the value of playing play money games.

Your in this for fun.....so have some!
Actually, I think it is more fun to win to increase the money and this is the challenge in my opinion. Of course it is worth to try from time to time a tourney, that could be over your usual buy-in and make a shot. But I only would do this, when I know, I go not busto with this.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually, I think it is more fun to win to increase the money and this is the challenge in my opinion. Of course it is worth to try from time to time a tourney, that could be over your usual buy-in and make a shot. But I only would do this, when I know, I go not busto with this.

One of my all time favorite sayings (which I originated) is "He who lasts longest, has the most fun ! :rock: