Bring on the Russians

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I must say that the Russians and in General European players are Aggressive (I don't know what you all had in your Goulash:p )...

So I wanted to know why exactly are you all like this? Ok it's not fair to say all (Like 85%:D, lol)...I have no Hatred at all (Nothing but love), but damn (Take it easy on me plz)...

I don't want to make this a long story so more or less there's styles that every Nation per say Follows (Like players, yet Nation wide)...So I noticed that in these tables that I was at there were many limpers but never raisers:confused:...So I'm scrolling over there names to see where these ppl are from and I noticed Russia, Hungary, Belgium, Ukraine, and So forth and so on, but there always Limping, and If some dared Raised, they weren't folding Irregardless of the Raised Amount, Irregardless of the Raisers Style, Irregardless of the cards, lol...So I'm just wondering why is that?

I'm not disrespecting any nation, but God I love Europeans/Russians, I personally had a blast even though I got knocked out of like 10 In row Mtt's due to some Odd Calls:p

P

Pafkata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, there are 2 ways to win a pot in poker:

1. Show the best hand
2. Bet and make your opponent fold

It's really hard to hit a huge hand often,so it's really normal to try to bluff your opponent out of the pot. Pretty simple ;)

We are playing poker, not solitaire. If I want to see how a royal flush looks like - I will deal the cards on my table at home, I won't ever try to draw it in a poker game and donate money to the other players...

M

mikejm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well generally speaking people are gonna learn to play with people from their region. So a region can grow to play a very similar way and it just happens that aggression is the style predominant in Russia it's really no big deal.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
where these ppl are from and I noticed Russia, Hungary, Belgium, Ukraine, and So forth

I spotted the odd one out: Belgium is nowhere near the other countries mentioned. I claim the prize. :)

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You say they are all aggressive, yet the play you describe is that of very passive players. i.e limping and calling to the river. This is the opposite of aggression?

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You say they are all aggressive, yet the play you describe is that of very passive players. i.e limping and calling to the river. This is the opposite of aggression?

When I mean Aggressive I meant Aggressive to the point of calling ATC preflop, to any sort of a raise from any Decent player...Hence Limp Calling Shoves with 10-4o or Limp calling AJ to a Preflop Shove

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I spotted the odd one out: Belgium is nowhere near the other countries mentioned. I claim the prize. :)

The prize you get is you get to help me figure out what I can do againt such players

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The prize you get is you get to help me figure out what I can do againt such players

Play premium hands and bet them strongly. If you feel these players will call when the odds are against them, make them pay for their mistakes. Sometimes they will suck out, but that`s poker.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OP generalize much? I know it's tempting to incorporate a player's country of residence into your read on them, but you do so at your own risk. You may play a few Russians who chase everything, but then you may very well come across one who plays solid and takes your chips due to your generalizations. I can tell you that I have. Beware.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest (being from Europe) I find the Americans and Canadians the most aggressive form of players.

Jeight

Jeight

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find Germans to be the most aggressive pre flop...never limp against the types of players they will punish you every time...unless your setting a nice trap w/ AA after folding a couple limps.

K

kyndlyon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find Germans to be the most aggressive pre flop...never limp against the types of players they will punish you every time...unless your setting a nice trap w/ AA after folding a couple limps.

i agree...although i am speaking from a freeroll point of view. the russians are aggressive as well.

Salty Mouse

Salty Mouse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm amazed at how many players on poker stars are either Russian or from the former Soviet countries.

By far more than in any other region of the world besides the U.S.

Anybody know why that is?

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me its Russian, German, Italian, and a lot of US players as well.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I must say that the Russians and in General European players are Aggressive (I don't know what you all had in your Goulash:p )...

So I wanted to know why exactly are you all like this? Ok it's not fair to say all (Like 85%:D, lol)...I have no Hatred at all (Nothing but love), but damn (Take it easy on me plz)...

I don't want to make this a long story so more or less there's styles that every Nation per say Follows (Like players, yet Nation wide)...So I noticed that in these tables that I was at there were many limpers but never raisers:confused:...So I'm scrolling over there names to see where these ppl are from and I noticed Russia, Hungary, Belgium, Ukraine, and So forth and so on, but there always Limping, and If some dared Raised, they weren't folding Irregardless of the Raised Amount, Irregardless of the Raisers Style, Irregardless of the cards, lol...So I'm just wondering why is that?

I'm not disrespecting any nation, but God I love Europeans/Russians, I personally had a blast even though I got knocked out of like 10 In row Mtt's due to some Odd Calls:p

I guess some people just like to gambooooool.

I have never seen an aipf monkey shove over a 3bet/4 bet with 62o by a citizen of Malta or the Vatican state but a few Romanians I have spotted doing that.

That doesn't mean that Romanians generally do that.

Play premium hands and bet them strongly. If you feel these players will call when the odds are against them, make them pay for their mistakes. Sometimes they will suck out, but that`s poker.

^^ This.

If I have a station who calls any bet/reraise oop I will usually make sure that the maximum amount of chips is in the middle after turn if I have a strong hand... many of them will call regardless.

Apart from being german myself I think punishing the limpers is + EV, no matter where you come from.

I'm amazed at how many players on Poker Stars are either Russian or from the former Soviet countries.

By far more than in any other region of the world besides the U.S.

Anybody know why that is?

Unemployment rates of 15%+ might be a reason :confused: .

A

akaCLINT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As far as AGGRO goes, here my personal ranking:

1. All Scandies (maybe exept Denmark)
2. Aussies
3. Canadians
4. Germans

As far as DonkCalling / gutterchasing goes:

1a. Russians (lots are still very new to poker...)
1b. South America / Spain
2. Hungarians
3. Donks from all over, especially Belgium (had 2 be said with me being from Holland.. , lol)

HeeeeeHaaaaw

GL all

aC

A

akaCLINT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...and i do secong the post by GrafKarow..., including the Romainians, they slipped my mind...

aC

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm curious about how you all feel about Asian players.

When people see my account registered in Japan, sometimes I get some weird responses. I often wonder if people give me more credit for aggressive moves since most Japanese tend to be passive, culturally speaking. I don't change my game because of this, but I just wonder if you all would treat me differently if you had no reads on me other than the fairly rare country my account is registered from?

JMTalbert

JMTalbert

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand the OP's generalization. Europeans, especially eastern ones, do seem to have a rep as "aggressive" or as chasers. I try not to generalize for reasons like Stick mentioned above. Without having HEM or something similar, I have to rely on the play of a person at that given table or potentially what I can learn by searching for them in databases online.

One problem is you never know the conditions on the other side of the monitor. Sometimes I play focused, but other times I could be cooking or doing chores with the computer in some location calling me with the "it's your turn" notifications. I believe (again w/o add on programs) you have to play the odds, position, game situation, and cards you have more than your "read" on a player. It is possible for a player to change gears or be trying out a new strategy, or maybe they are drunk not giving a S and just playing a shove game to get into races. You just can't generalize on something like listed nationality which may or may not even be accurate.

I am curious how some players on Full Tilt do not have a country listed. Does that mean they have never deposited and only won FR's or gotten P2P transfers?

S

Steve922

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I mean Aggressive I meant Aggressive to the point of calling ATC preflop, to any sort of a raise from any Decent player...Hence Limp Calling Shoves with 10-4o or Limp calling AJ to a Preflop Shove

I understood that to be labelled as 'Loose' rather than 'Agressive'

Steve

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm curious about how you all feel about Asian players.

When people see my account registered in Japan, sometimes I get some weird responses. I often wonder if people give me more credit for aggressive moves since most Japanese tend to be passive, culturally speaking. I don't change my game because of this, but I just wonder if you all would treat me differently if you had no reads on me other than the fairly rare country my account is registered from?

I have yet to play with an Asia:p...On a totally different note though there food is Da Bomb:)

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understood that to be labelled as 'Loose' rather than 'Agressive'

Steve

Well you can Call it loose or LAG, or Ubber Aggro it's the way you choose to look at it...I look at them as aggressive stations:p