Brain Games (the tv show) and online poker

N

NickNation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
have you ever seen an episode of brain games? i must admit, most of the episodes are based on stupid things like optical illusions, but there was one episode i saw that was a bit intriguing when it comes to the idea of online poker.

mind you, the trick didnt work on me - but let me explain a bit... there was an episode about choices (or lack thereof) where you get to make a choice, or at least you think you do, but they're making the choice for you. 99% of people chose red hammer after looking at some stupid board of words or something when they were told to choose a color and a tool. ( i chose blue screwdriver, mind you) but it made me think...

when i have KK and i see a 3 bet ahead of me, do i even have a choice to 4 bet? what if some of the choices were.. already made for you?... it makes me think of that guys video, bitching about KK on pokerstars (something about.. brokeback mountain KK's and bending over cuz you're always getting F**KED lol)

when you see a jam ahead of you and you're sitting there in position with KK... how do you not call? i remember one hand from the video where he gets KK back to back, and someone jams UTG with 100BB and he calls and they show AJs and hit the flush... did he really have a choice there? could he fold? ... would you fold? would you have.. a choice?....

and if we don't have choices then.. wtf are we doing here, really? lol it just makes me think that a really well thought out algorithm can steal your money without you even knowing it...and it would definitely explain why this past month i've lost 80% of my hands that i've had an 80% chance of winning... most of them in similar situations with KK going all in pre....

it just makes me wonder, you know... what about you? do you think all of the choices you make at the tables are truly yours?

Top 10 Games