Bothered by someone sooo bad!! Change ur play

mercyscercy

mercyscercy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you ever been playing with somebody that has got under your skin so bad that you will sometimes try to take them out by playing hands you usually wouldn't? curious on everyone's opinion.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you ever been playing with somebody that has got under your skin so bad that you will sometimes try to take them out by playing hands you usually wouldn't? curious on everyone's opinion.
I once got mad at the way a player was treating another player at the table. Meaning, even though the player was not being mean to me, I was TILTED that he was being mean to another player. This tilt I experienced led me to play hands against the mean player that I normally would not play.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course :eek: we all do it ;) but it is definitely not recommended :eek:

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips

No? With some individuals (here) just seeing them in my table gives boost to try KO them so yeah lol ...

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

Yes, it's called tilt, as said above.

Work on your mental game leaks, eg when this happens and for example you bust, stop playing immediately and don't go back to playing until you had time for self-reflection.

Also, switch all player interaction off, eg chat off, emojis off, throwables off, etc.

Tilt is a serious problem and will prevent you from progressing in your poker development.

From my personal experience, tilt has been the biggest hurdle for me to overcome in poker, and I'm still learning, working and improving how to minimize tilt after more than 10 years playing online.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Focus on the cards, not the player behavior. There are players actively trying to tilt you. Don't make it easy for them..

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, it happened. And this happened to me after the one who really took me out. And most of these games ended in failure:(

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah Absolutely! The irony is that they the one who got me lol. I lost all my chips to him but I learned a lot in that kind of situation and helped me to navigate in those kind of people.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, and in these moments they do stupid things...

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!

Of course it happens, it means that you missed your poker goals. Focus on your goals which I assume is to win hands.

:kh4::kc4: Kings of Life

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to ignore the chat entries.

zvezdadelije

zvezdadelije

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess over time you develop and learn that patience and remaining calm is essential. I know there are times when you don't follow this and that can be detrimental to your existing game.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens, but after that it’s even sweeter when you manage to pronounce them. :D

D

damas13251

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happends to all i think mentally war sometimes is too hard to beat

L

Leifhackman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So far no one has managed to get under my skin and I don't think that would easily happen in online poke reither. I personally wish there would be more chatting while playing. It's kind of so boring just to stare the cards.

Maiuchi

Maiuchi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, sometimes it happens to me, I don't like it, but if something floods me and I end up making it a personal dispute and I don't stop until I eliminate it. I think it is something that mentally plays against me but yes, it happens to me.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes of course but I found out that this problem occurred when I was playing only one table. Chasing the stupid player will harm you too. Play your game and the range you should and he will ''donate'' his money/chips sooner or later.

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same problem about once a week.How to deal with this so far I have not found an answer

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi friend.

If you know him well, you can try to beat him with hands you wouldn't normally play, but it's also playing luck, me and I try to beat people like that, but they surprise me with good hands.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

If a Poker player on-line gets to a point where he is cursing or swearing at you making rude remarks, because you are a faceless player that cannot possibly retaliate, by punching his lights out, he feels comfortable in his own little World, Then that is the time to sit back, hold onto your feelings, and wait for an opportunity to take him down.
Faced with a bully on line, I would wait for decent hand and limp into a pot only to face his all-in shove, every time I limped, to battle this I would wait for a decent pair like A/A or K/K and just limp as usual knowing he would shove again, and in just 2 hands I took him out, because being a bully he could not change his Strategy and thought he was clever, and even when I beat him his excuse was "It's only a free-roll" or "It's only 50 cent's" etc etc.
I once registered for a game for 10 cents buy-in and the very first hand I limped with Pocket 10s, only to be faced with an all-in shove from an idiot like this, and thought to myself, I cannot play like this, I wanted to play Poker not Bingo, If this is what he wants, so be it, I really do not want to be sat at the same table as this idiot!
I called and when his 7/2 off suit turned over, I was amazed expecting at the very least a pocket pair. When he disappeared, another player commented that he had come up against this idiot player before and he always played like that. I just wanted to get out of his way, win or lose I just didn't care, because I wanted to Play Poker! and 10 cents was a pittance to lose from my $150 bankroll.
I play to have a little fun and not to win huge amounts of money, If I needed to make money I would go out to work for it.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
a few years ago when I was younger and then had such people at the table then it would have probably tried to play with stupid actions by playing cards that would otherwise not be played, but in the meantime I have understood that this is not a good move and it only harms me if I do something like that. And in the meantime I have also understood that this is the goal of these people when they provoke people at the table with their talk, so I look at the chat as little as possible but if I see something like that, I try to pay more attention to the cards I play and wait patiently until these people fly off the table either because they are being transferred or because they make stupid moves themselves which means they are thrown out of the tournament because that usually happens pretty quickly with those who just talk a lot at the table and provoke people. I used to interfere in conversations and try to resolve a dispute between people or to calm the atmosphere down again. And something like that worked often in the past, but now I'm trying to keep out of it as much as possible. But the fact that I go tilting because of people like that won't happen because I don't allow myself to be provoked at the poker tables. But it's not easy to provoke me anyway

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i never let my emotions decide my actions,,,thats childs play,lol. :deal: i'm not 5 anymore,,,,

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
One of the worst things I think we could do it go after a player. While I understand why we would love to, going after another player will get us into trouble if we start playing more questionable hands.

I have see people do this and yes we know there doing crazy things but calling an all in with eights, nine or or tens we could very easy be against 2 overs in a race. If were deep say 100BB+ that would be a mistake for a good player to make.

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning of my poker career, I did this. But not now.