Bluffing leaks

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently I did a review on my sessions and spot that one big leak in my game are the bluffs. Then go trough all my bluffs and here is my conclusion. There are definitely 2 good spots to bluff and definitely one very bad. They seem obvious but review your sesdions. Two good spots: I bluff profitable when I am ahead of the hand /so called semy bluff/. Lets say the board is 522 and I have AQ then the high card means I am usually ahead. And the second profitable spot is when I sense weakness in opponent. Some are tricky and will trap so be careful on monotonne boards, but most of the time on microstakes you can go for a single shot bluf when you sense weakness. Now the bad spot - biggest leak never bluff for this reason: I missed the flop dont have showdown value so the only way I can win this hand is to bluff it. This will spew your chips out. Just fold. I did these things and theres big difference. Good luck cards chat members

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree 100% have to know when to shut down a bluff with no equity and a call or 2 from villan.

T

tojobaggins

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if you have the kinda no catch or weak catch on the flop semi bluff, and you get those nut jobbers that flush draw until the river, you get the read wrong and the crap player across from you gets 2 more chances to outdraw your no catch / weak catch during a betting exchange where your way over committed for your hand. Do you keep raising? (they may keep calling for their flush) Do you just check it out? (at which point they can catch anything and feel good about it) Either way your semi bluff can turn into a nightmare all in bluff or at the least your semibluff raise. If I'm going into a hand that I know I'm gonna wanna bluff at, I make sure I have cards and post flop positioning. I get to see what the others do before I make my move, and I don't jack around with small bluffs either (testing the waters) I go straight for a quarter of my stack. If they call 2 choices. Roll the dice and probably get bounced from the tourney (depending on position and time I've already committed I may do this) or take your scrapes cause you got slow played. I'll leave you with this, everytime you semi bluff just to semi bluff you erase an opportunity to catch a bunch of people in a pot with their arses out. BUT I CANNOT DENY catching confident mowfukas with an all in semibluff... THE RIVER!!!!! BAHAHAHAHAH IN YOUR FACE.... is pretty damn fun.