The Biggest Tell...

L

LongRover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like many, I do not put much stock in "tells." But, for those who do, what part of the body gives off the greatest tells? And, why?

R

RounderRob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that bead of sweat that rolls down the forehead when they pop that all-in bluff

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The eyes never lie,,,,

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anything different from normal demeanor. Simple conversation with someone can give normal mannerisms, what ever strays from that could be a tell. Speech has been a place where information was given about hands.

Y

Yoda_Priest_X_Napo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played live a few times, and i am a socially awkward alien type personality creepy weirdo.So one time i did bluff i was sweating and starting random chat saying cringy irrelevant things, then looking at the ceiling looking at my chips and touching them scratching my elbow like some mosquito bit it taking deep breath like i was running 2 hours. and the other guy was tanking the whole time and i told him, man if you cant tell already that i am bluffing you are not good at this thing.And he snap fold, so i do not know what is happening, i would prolly be a losing player at any stake any place possible at Live Poker, even if its easier than online, if my finances go well i would like to take part in some live tournaments though.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play poker online only, so it is difficult for me to tell which part of the body can tell you how to play better. I also think it is eyes.

B

BeiMoh420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Betting patterns are the biggest tell for me (online). In a live game, I look at an individual's eyes. If they're staring at the flop, it usually means they're trying to make something out of nothing.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the player. New live players will be nervous when they have a good hand and shake a little when putting chips into the pot. Regular players you need to watch and learn their tells. Watch the heart beat in their neck, how they put their chips in the pot, what they are looking at or trying not to look at, posture is a tell, etc. There are all kinds of tells, you just have pay attention and figure who has what tell.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Raising up in one's seat as the cards hit the table or staring at your chips could be a tell.

TheGiantAsian

TheGiantAsian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sizing

Bet sizing and the way someone puts their chips into the pot can tell you alot

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HA you are missing out then buddy. Yeah nobody is twisting the tops of oreos when they are strong, but people give off all sorts non verbal ques at the poker table.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to bring variety in my behaviour while playing live poker. Because i cant really control my breathing when im serious, so if im serious and im bluffing i start to breath deeply. Thats something i need to work on , but its very difficult. Like an instinct.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live poker tip

When I drink three beers, I do not notify any tells :D

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All players behave differently at the table. Therefore, to understand when an opponent has something on his hands or does not have to play with him for a while. A part of the body can be any.

Z

Zer0-0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cards and Chips

I have recently been able to pick up on a few tells that are usually fairly consistent from player to player. Obviously it doesn't happen with every player, but when I notice it the tell is usually good every time. I watch the other players when they look at their cards preflop. A lot of the players at the $1/$2nl level will check their hole cards as soon as they get them. If they like their cards they will reach for chips to either call or raise. If they do not like their cards they will get uninterested in the other players and they will be ready to toss their cards in the muck as soon as they see what they are holding. I use this tell to help me play from early position. Some times, like when I am in the blinds or UTG I will just wait when it is my turn to bet. I will just watch the others. I take my time absorbing all the information the others will give me. Sometimes I wait so long people will tell me it's my turn to bet. I will say, "Oh....ok," look at my cards, and then proceed according to the information I have just seen

:evil:Zer0:evil:

Poker Tells