Total posts
Chips
I was just playing a tourney on ACR, I had KQ,
Flop: J T A,
a player goes all in, I call,
turns out he has A T,
Turn: A
Hahaha

This is by far my best loosing hand so far. (if it makes sense).

Share a cooler story you remember!

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jn137

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Am I supposed to only share 1? Lol

I feel like there is a black cloud of cooler / suckouts over me the past two months or so but here is a fun recent one.

Tournament about a month ago, I'm 1 spot out from paying position. I have pocket Kings. Me and one other player end up all in pre-flop. He flips over 3,4o. Hits quad 3s on the board. I was in utter disbelief. (Side, note - a 3rd King showed up as well so at least I hit King's full right..) I could go all in with 3,4 a million times and never ever hit quads.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens...I would of done the same thing and called his all-in, just variance really. He was probably shoving with 2 pair and had no clue he could win with a full house by luck against a straight. What were stakes?

The smaller the stakes, the bolder the moves without logic.

K

KEAA00

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It was actually a freeroll tourney so I ain't that mad haha

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens a lot. A losing hand winning. I guess the percentage sometimes is closer then one thinks. Sometimes you get players thats on the whole day. They know what to shove and call with more or less. Playing the algo

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I was just playing a tourney on ACR, I had KQ,
Flop: J T A,
a player goes all in, I call,
turns out he has A T,
Turn: A
Hahaha

This is by far my best loosing hand so far. (if it makes sense).

Share a cooler story you remember!

Hi.
I have been playing poker for about four years. Believe me, with time and experience, you will not pay any attention to such situations. This is a completely normal thing, don't be surprised.
Good luck.

007Leon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a lot... But recently a polac guy call preflop my Rais wit Q9o I had AJ final position flop... XXA I made a raise... He calls turn 9...I raised.... Big raise... He calls and 9.well I lost. That su...

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
As far as I remember, this option was the worst for me:

Attachments

• 20180627_223928.jpg
    20180627_223928.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is the most epic hand in which I won, but there were a lot of similar hands where there was a runner runner, for example, from the last:
hero bb 55 check
villain utg KK limp
flop 5KK

Attachments

• Clip2net_151028223026.jpg
    Clip2net_151028223026.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 16
D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had a case when I had KK and went all-in, my opponent had A10 and quads fell on the board from Q. At that time, I did not know that if there is four of a kind on the table, the player with the highest card will take it. I lost and didn't understand why.

ivanlt18

ivanlt18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The lovely pokerstars odds and variance, yeah I guess you will remember the ones you've lost, but not those who maybe were fantastic wins as well. The important thing is that you learn from the mistakes. Despite this one doesn't seem like a mistake (it always depend of the stage of the tournament you were in, position, stack amount), try to analize the hands and make an objective look, in search of a slightly bad move you might have done.

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
recently....cash games...50/100 nlhe

had 77...flop came 557...turn 5...river 5...lost to J7...0.45% chance

had 33...flop came 553...turn 3...river brick...beat A5...1 outer
had AA...flop QQx...turn brick....river A...beat AQ...1 outer

i had $100 in the pot in all the hands above by the turn in 1st and 2nd hand...or river 3rd hand

on full tilt...maybe 10 years ago....i lost with a straight flush...34567...to 45678...in spades.

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At this point in my life, with around 25 years playing, I am unable to remember all the times I have lost because a turn or river has taken away an amazing hand. There was a hand where my pair of As had A55 on the flop turned into 4 of a kind of 5s. The only reason I remember that is because it was my first time playing a hold em tournament and it kept me off the final table. It was a $100 dollar tournament, so no major deal, but it stung.

K

KEAA00

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the most epic hand in which I won, but there were a lot of similar hands where there was a runner runner, for example, from the last:
hero bb 55 check
villain utg KK limp
flop 5KK

This is the most epic hand I've seen!

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing against a very LAG fish last night at SwC poker...full 9 handed cash table...50/100 nlhe.

this tourist sat down with a 40bb stack...played every hand pre regardless of position...took down many pots post by pure agression.

the whole table .. 7 of whom were regs... were mostly just playing against this one player.,,,hoping for the perfect spot.

the tourist had built their stack up to $300 or so....my stack was about $200. SwC is a bitcoin site...you have chips on the table rather than '$'...so the $ figures are a bit vague...

The tourist had built up their stack from 2000 chips to 13000 chips or so, with agression, luck, and of course a bit of skill. 1 chip is worth about 2.3 cents at the moment....bitcoin price fluctuates.

They were sat 2 seats to my right...i was in a perfect position to set them up for a big hand...at my moment of choosing. I had deliberately previously played 'weak' against this target...deliberately investing ( losing) a few chips here and there to them..

so...here comes the hand.

I am in the BB...they are on the button. The best position possible for an o.o.p. set up.
Me...$200...QQ in the BB
Oppo...$300...?? on the button

Oppo bets 3.5bbs
sb folds
I flat call with my QQ

Flop...QTA

I am only worried about KJ...a possibility of course.

I check
oppo bets 2/3 pot
I call with my QQQ....i am really hoping they have AK...AQ...AJ...any Ace in fact.

Turn comes a brick...board now QTAx...

I check...oppo bets pot...I flat call.

River comes T....board now QTAxT....i have made the 2nd nut boat.

The only hands that can beat me are AA and TT....if they have one of these...then so be it.

I make half pot value bet...90% certain of at least a call...
Oppo snap shoves
I think a while...and call
They have AT...for 3rd nut boat.

Me....QQQTT
Oppo...TTTAA

$200 to the good :)...and the tourist sits out and leaves the table.

Patience.

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My best loosing hand so far is KK. Most of the time when I have KK there is some Ace on the flop and my opponent has also Ace

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker, these types of game situations will happen to you a lot and the player who had AT also had a chance of winning the hand, had double pairs on the flop and ran with a bit of luck variance, these types of hands in poker are called (cooler) crossed hands.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I still remember I hand I had on Pokerstars several years ago. I flopped set over set and somehow still managed to lose to a flush...

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With three aces once lost super Allin with 7 participants. Everyone had couples there. One To 7 of the same suit. On the River, he got a flash And won. There was a late Studio of the tournament I have 60K chips from the rest somewhere as well. In the end, he collected 392K. It was very disappointing.

N

nickpaizis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My best loosing hand was AA
I went all in and the other had 3 2
I was sure I am gonna win....
but the flop was not aggreged on that 3 3 2 3.:confused:

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have 2. Kk and aa. It does not happen often, but when I lose with those, it always seems to lose to someone with more BBs, and a crazy crappy flop.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands