Best win rate

C

cool3390

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the best rate achieved by what player?

Say 100 tournaments on average what should a GREAT win rate look like?

I was reading Daniel Negranu
Won 11 tournaments out of 51 a certain year. But they were saying it was not great or typical of him.

So what is?

I'm just wondering cause I've been winning pretty good. I want to know what to expect as good.

I'm not Daniel lol obviously and I'm not playing high stakes tournaments. But for the tournaments in playing (freerolls and very low stakes) id like to get an idea

S

Salteballe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey, just wanna ask did you calc the rake every game or just estimate it?

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the best rate achieved by what player?

Say 100 tournaments on average what should a GREAT win rate look like?

I was reading Daniel Negranu
Won 11 tournaments out of 51 a certain year. But they were saying it was not great or typical of him.

So what is?

I'm just wondering cause I've been winning pretty good. I want to know what to expect as good.

I'm not Daniel lol obviously and I'm not playing high stakes tournaments. But for the tournaments in playing (freerolls and very low stakes) id like to get an idea

Out of 100 tournaments if you reach in the money 40% of the time then i think you are a good player. If you reach to the final table 10% of the time then you are a better player. And if you win the tournament 5% of the time then you are one of the best player.
I must remind you that these are my personal opinion and as you asked for based on freerolls and low stakes. In reality lot depends on type of tournament, number of participants and above all the prize pool structure

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The single biggest factor in winrate is normally the field size. For example, suppose you're playing 1000-person multi-table tournaments. The average person has these stats:

Winrate: 1 in 1000
ITM: 12%
Final Table: 0.9% (9 players FT out of 1000 entering)
ROI: -10% (the average player loses exactly the rake)

A great player might instead have these stats:

Winrate: 5 in 1000
ITM: 18%
Final Table: 4%
ROI: 70%

So for sure, there are a lot of factors influencing these stats such as how strong the field is. But the single biggest one will usually just be how many people enter the tourney :)

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on what the player is playing, cash games or tournaments.
For example, in tournaments a good indicator is when a player receives a cash reward in at least two tournaments out of ten.

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The single biggest factor in winrate is normally the field size. For example, suppose you're playing 1000-person multi-table tournaments. The average person has these stats:

So for sure, there are a lot of factors influencing these stats such as how strong the field is. But the single biggest one will usually just be how many people enter the tourney :)

In general, may be you are right. But the question was about freerolls and low stakes tournaments and based on my own experience i made those assessments.
For example, i mostly play with 888 poker. This year i participated in about 20 to 25 CC freerolls. Twice i got paid. Once i was placed 3rd and bagged $12/- and in another one i was 4th and got $10/-. There were about 100 participants and 10 players were paid.
I also play 888 daily freerolls where 5000 or above players participate. Prize pool is designed in such a away that at least one third get payed. and 50% of the time i find myself in the money. There is another daily tournament running now called lucky blast worth $3000/-. Normally about 10.000 players participate and only 600 get paid. I try to play them regularly. So far i can remember on 15 occasions i was in the money.
I also played with pokerstars and played about 20 tournaments and only 20 to 25 participants. Once i won the tournament and got $15/-. On bet online i played 4 or 5 tournaments and once i got $4/- for being placed 7th or 8th maybe. On ACR i played about 10 CC tournaments. Twice or thrice i was in the money.
The statistics i presented is just to show that i am on winning side. And what would you say about a player who is winning? An average player or a reasonably good player? I leave that to you to decide.
In freerolls you never suffer a loss but if you don't win then can we say he is a good player as he never sustained any loss?

C

cool3390

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey, just wanna ask did you calc the rake every game or just estimate it?

I'm sorry, neither tbh.

Most of the games I've been doing are freerolls and satellites

C

cool3390

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I feel you.

I'm just kinda of idk, I wouldn't say confused. Maybe ignorant about it is a better way to say it.

I need to do a better job with keeping up with my stats but I usually enter a tournament and it had between 200-600 people.

Out of 10 tournaments I would say I final table about 4-6 out of the 10 maybe even 5-6

Which sounds great but what I'm worried about is they are free roll and 1.10 tournaments

So I just don't want to fool myself into thinking I'm better than I am and play the big boys game and lose lol

I'm just really curious. But I don't have any money rn so I'm playing freerolls.

A big tournament is coming up I think 2,000+ people are entered. So I'm just really excited/nervous

But I keep telling myself I got it lol