Best Poker Playing Cards

F

frankp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone got opinions on the best cards available?
I'm about to purchase and am wondering what the favoured brands are...?

For now, let's pretend budget is not an issue... ;)

Thanks,
Frank

IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use to own 4 decks of the washable pure plastic cards and used them for 7 years in a weekly home game I had. Got lost in one of my many moves and I now just use good old Bicycles...

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hear there are cards that don't bent, crease, or stain no matter what you do to them. I don't know who makes them but I hear there are $15 a pack. Bicycle cards are the ones I prefer if you don't want to invest the $15 even though you probably will save money in the long run.

K

koy4714

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kem Cards

I played with these once and found them to be great. It takes awhile to get used to them. So used to playing with Bicycles. Pricey but they'll last.

http://www.kem.com/

KillerKat

KillerKat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kem cards are the finest playing cards available, they are made of thermo-plastic materials that are virtually tear-proof and washable. These cards will last for years. A little dear but worth it.
COPAG 100% Plastic Playing Cards are great too and somewhat cheaper.
Torcello pvc playing cards again are a very good and will last a very long time.
If all these are a bit too expensive as IrishDave has suggested the bee playing cards are a good quality and inexpensive choice. But I think its worth spending that little extra, you can really notice the difference.

IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the memory jog, the Kem cards were the ones I was talking about in my original post. I had 4 decks of the poker size cards, 2 red 2 blue and they lasted until I lost them...

F

frankp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys, all the help much appreciated and two decks of Kem cards should be winging their way to me as we speak. Found someone selling them on ebay.ie for cheaper than pretty much anywhere else that delivers to ireland for those of you interested!
I saved about €20 or so I reckon.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How much FrankP, if you asked we could have give you a deal you know !!!

F

frankp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hey tenbob... I ended up paying €31.69 including posatage... where do you sell them and how much because I have at least one other interested party!

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wow. I really am a novice. And here I've been playing with good ol' Bicycle or Bee...had no idea there were such sophisticated cards to be had! Great thread! My hubby and I must add some of these to our poker set! We will be the envy of all! (Let's just hope we don't scare off our friends at our next home game! :p )

Thanks all!

F

frankp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys, thanks again. Got our Kem cards today and played with them this evening. They are fantastic. A pleasure to play with. Can utterly commend them!