The best poker player in the world

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Which poker player do you consider to be the best in the world? It is a pity that there is no ranking list in poker, as in tennis or snooker. My type and I'm not gonna be original here is Phil Ivey.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Hellmuth is number one !!! Charisma, charm and love of poker is all about him!

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Me. :D

I'm the King of my own little Kingdom, its a paradise on Earth.

You're welcome. :)

In all honesty... I don't think there's one "best poker player". For one, there are a lot of different poker games, and each game has its own best players. Someone who is the best at No Limit Holdem will most likely not be great at some other game like 2-7 No Limit Single Draw Lowball. :D

For me, I appreciate the players who can play ALL the games, not just become the best at one of them... so, for instance, someone like the late Chip Reese.

The problem with "rankings" is that they usually rank players by money won... but as we all probably know, the No Limit Texas Holdem pros fill this entire list... because the mixed-game poker pros are playing games that pay MUCH less for a win... so they'll never make any leaderboards.

Given all my words here, I did find something to hang my hat on... have a look for yourself

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Poker_Players_Championship

Notice anything about that list? Chip Reese won it, yes... but...

My choice for the best poker player is none other than Michael Mizrachi. A THREE-TIME CHAMPION against the best players in the world. Impressive indeed.

26chuky26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Adrian Mateos is the best player in the world

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have three favorite players and I think they are the best. This is Jason Mercier, Daniel Negreanu, Phil Ivey.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many good poker players and I prefer Bryn Kenney, Phil Ivey as the best players.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There is a rankings list of sorts - https://www.thehendonmob.com/ - the trouble with this is that it does not count cash game grinders that have made millions online and live and is weighted very much towards NLHE because they are by far and away the biggest tournaments and therefore the biggest prize pools.

For me, Phil Galfond is the best player around at the moment because he's so good at both NLHE and PLO.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well ... I have seen many videos and streamers of the great professional poker players .... and currently I am staying with Lex Valdhuz ... without a doubt the best from my point of view ...! is always winning awards constantly

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's literally dozens of names you could pick from.
There was a time when we all thought the players on high stakes poker etc were the world's best.
a lot depends on game type cash/tourneys etc

These players would now struggle against the very best

I'm going to opt for 2 Brits who I'll not say the best but are right up with the best

Stephen chidwick live tourneys
Conor Beresford online tourneys

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think Daniel Negreanu is the best poker player. I think he is a real professional, and in general a very positive person.

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m not expert enough to judge who the best poker player is, but I personally like Daniel Negreanu the most. I mean that both technically and in terms of table manners.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Which poker player do you consider to be the best in the world? It is a pity that there is no ranking list in poker, as in tennis or snooker. My type and I'm not gonna be original here is Phil Ivey.

Hi.
My favorite professional player is Jason Mercier. He has a great style of play and I consider him the best poker player.
Good luck.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whoever always wins the flips, for me that's the best of all

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil Hellmuth is the best!!
but I like Negreanu

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The best among all players?

Good afternoon everyone, I find it difficult to say who is the best poker player in the world, it is easier to say who are the best players.
I usually watch good players through Twitch and even the player I saw making the plays and explain and win playing cash game NL $ 2.5 / $ 5, is the player Saulo Costa, very technical, beat this NL very easily and he says is far from the level of TOP players,
LLinus, OtB_RedBaron, I wonder how good their game is.
In online poker, I hear other good players say that the best player in the world of online cash is the one who uses the nickname, OtB_RedBaron.
In live poker, I find it very difficult to say that the best of all, considering the number of bracelets won, Phil Hellmuth is in 1st place, with 14 bracelets.

S

Stringbetjade

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ivey and negreanu for me. Absolute mind readers too!

J

juliendesp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Galfond in CG is impressive.
In tournaments, Chidwick.
Like the read of players like Ivey or Negreanu, like the style of Dwan in another epoque.

N

noskilluk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard to say best player but Ivey has to be up there...

I prefer watching players like Negreanu, Tom Dwan, Phil Laak, etc. Generally people who are able to have a joke and some banter at the table.

Riccoboni

Riccoboni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Phil Ivey ... but Doug Polk is also a good player.

G

Galette71

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me i think Phil Ivey and Daniel Negreanu could be the best

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Negreanu's star has been tarnished a bit due to Polk battle, especially
since Helmuth beat Polk convincingly ,

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best poker player in the world is someone who probably grinds online and makes .001% more good decisions than the second best guy. I doubt it's a live poker player. They're two totally different games though. One has far more physical reads.

J

Jyko3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ofc me, did you expect anything else here?