Best poker books

F

flopdnuts

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Alright I did a quick search and did not see a post if so feel free to do what you must.
I was wondering how many guys on have read some poker books and what are the best or your favorite? I myself have not read any books yet but was looking for some recommendations. I feel like I dont have time to actually sit and read but a good audio book is always an option!

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I myself wont and havent read any poker book. I rather learn from multiple sources. But i admire books because they are writen by some of the best poker experts. I would recommend to you learning from youtube as its a free and unlimited source. Also from cardschat. From experience of other players.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think it's better to watch a video about how other players play and read articles on websites. Poker is changing, books are becoming obsolete.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jared Tendler and Barry Carter
mind games

I do not agree with some.
reading helps you to better know the information. and the books will not become obsolete. just need to read more not be lazy.
in books about poker there are always moments, important truths of the game.
and while you are a beginner, you do not need to extract much when watching professional games, where the highest level of poker is the place where there is meta-poker, and many are far from that level. We must start with simple truths.
so many people play on different garbage as proffi, not realizing that proffi play against each other not by cards, but by psychology.
read books.
and agrees that there is a lot of training material in YouTube that is useful
technical part, look everywhere where it is, but study the psychology of the game in books. without psychology and this preparation you are doomed to failure.
this is an important aspect of poker
the ability to keep punches at the table, take every blow and a bad distance, worthy, do not fall in the slope, you will learn to read smart books, not videos. There you will not find it
poker does not like the weak and books are taught this best

Last edited:
Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anything by Jonathan Little will give you a boost to your game. If you want to dig deep try Matthew Janda

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are interested in the technical part of the game with its consideration in detail you can listen to the audiobook Murman about poker with the illustration of the game.
Very useful experience.
the main enemy of the newcomer is laziness.
Do not be lazy to read books about poker.
you find 100 reasons not to do it but just to watch something.
this is a bad line of training.
Personally, books on psychology help me.
I am not lying.
I quite easily endure defeat and perceive it as my mistakes over which it is necessary to work.
strength of mind is important in poker, otherwise you will split like a nut
it's all in the books and not in the video

Last edited:
LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Reading about the game, for me, is not just about learning, but its about being committed to what I'm doing.

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think it's the best but one that I liked a lot is "Power Hold'em Strategy" by Daniel Negreanu

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have read only 3 books. But one of these books was very useful to me.
I recommend to read the book Jared Tendler "The Mental Game of Poker".

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have read only 3 books. But one of these books was very useful to me.
I recommend to read the book Jared Tendler "The Mental Game of Poker".
above, I recommended it. I confirm. an excellent book and very useful and good. and read with interest.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I read Ed Miller's book Texas Hold'em for Beginners.
This is an interesting book, in which I found a lot of useful for myself.

iamtoldurghey

iamtoldurghey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My old fave was phil gorden little green book

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have read just two books, but thanks to these books, I understand the essence of the game much better. I am sure that the book always helps to improve their strategies. I can recommend you a book:
The Easy Game - Andrew Seidman

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I think “the poker mindset” is one of the best ones.

M

MountHollyDK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve read many poker books but over a decade later Hellmuth on Hold Em (or whatever it’s called) still gives me moments where I “get it” many years later. The guy is a super genius. If you like MTTs Hellmuth’s book is the gift that keeps on giving.

Joshua_Kane

Joshua_Kane

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Alright I did a quick search and did not see a post if so feel free to do what you must.
I was wondering how many guys on have read some poker books and what are the best or your favorite? I myself have not read any books yet but was looking for some recommendations. I feel like I dont have time to actually sit and read but a good audio book is always an option!

Someone else said Phil Gordon’s Little Green Book, and I wanted to let you know you can get this one on audiobook. It’s a pretty quick audiobook with a lot of useful information. I think it took me about 3 hours to listen to the whole thing and I really enjoyed every bit of it.

S

Spns777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone else said Phil Gordon’s Little Green Book, and I wanted to let you know you can get this one on audiobook. It’s a pretty quick audiobook with a lot of useful information. I think it took me about 3 hours to listen to the whole thing and I really enjoyed every bit of it.
I’m agree with you, it is a very interesting book. But I think only listening audio is not very good, because a small percent of information leaves in the memory.

Duraphig

Duraphig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wanted to stop in and say thank you for all the suggestions in this thread. I have been looking for a couple books myself and seeing the suggestions here really helps. Makes it a lot easier than wading through the multitude of books out there trying to decide which may be interesting or relevant to today's game.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and, in particular, for MTT there are recommendations of books? tournament game and everything related to it

F

flopdnuts

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah all the tips are welcomed and someone else once told me about the mental game so i think that will be my first stop hopefully i can knock it out on my flight to florida and i am interested in psychology in general and i think thats why i love poker so much i think alot of online players cant see that but live cash games it definitely comes into play but a mix of videos and books could not hurt i also listen to a few good podcasts and jonathan little is in the mix there. but thanks for all the suggestions so far and keep em coming!!!
[FONT=NotoSans, Lato, arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
books most fully reflect information and put it in your head.
I think so. it is better to read books on strategy and psychology and watch video on the technique of the game.
such a training complex is the most effective

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am wondering if its worth it to read any of the better poker books out there or if i should just watch poker videos online and adapt my game because the results have been horrible as of late ,little bit of bad luck, bad play which leads to some tilt so maybe i need a break and do some more learning before i get back to the grind

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am wondering if its worth it to read any of the better poker books out there or if i should just watch poker videos online and adapt my game because the results have been horrible as of late ,little bit of bad luck, bad play which leads to some tilt so maybe i need a break and do some more learning before i get back to the grind
Have you read the messages above?)
of course it is necessary to read this is useful for the game experience.
if. While there is a bad streak, pay attention to mistakes and studies

D

DjDen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion, now it makes no sense to read books about poker, it is better to deal with the coach, because the game is very dynamic

cocojambo

cocojambo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello flopdnuts, I did not like reading books and this caused me a lot of problems, due to the lack of time too, now with the audio description I'm learning a lot more, it may seem simple but the book "Texas Hold'em for the beginners " is a book that helped me a lot.