The best hand in OMAHA

B

badia232323

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am puzzled about two hands in omaha, what is the best of them, 1.AKQJ or 2.JT98. The first hand has the higher cards in the deck, while the second one has more chances to catch a straight. with the first one we can easily go all-in if we want, but is this could be a good decision with the second one?
I would like to know your opinion about that.

BoyNamedSude

BoyNamedSude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AAKQ with a double flush draw...

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love Omaha but find the game to be more about post-flop decisions than pre-flop decisions. Deep stacked versus short stacked plays a part, if/how the hand is suited, and your position all affect the overall strength of a hand.

That being said, to answer your question, in general I would prefer AKQJ to JT98 due to high card strength - when you connect you will have top pairs and full houses as opposed to middle pairs and lower full houses. For instance on AAQ you have the nuts with AKQJ and you are going to win the hand, but on JJT with JT98 you are not invulnerable and may lose a big pot if someone calls and outdraws you.

Good luck! :D

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello the best hand in Omaha is AKsAQs with this great hand inserting a jack in several flops, and earn a lot of money, so do not be afraid to go all in with that hand.

K

KuprinMA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And what is the best hand in Omaha H/L ?

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AAKK same two suits. Hits rarely, pays big when it does.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say that the second hand is better and more often in hands, I play a lot in Omaha and such a JT98 hand I play very often and better than the senior pictures and pairs, but for an all-in it is not a good card!

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer 2 hand if there was family pot as there are likely many player playing high card blocking each other. 1st hand is good heads up on the flop.

IsidorDunkan

IsidorDunkan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In Omaha, it is generally advisable not to go all-in preflop;) But if the situation forces you to do this, then top pair with suited connectors is best:rolleyes:

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In Omaha, it is generally advisable not to go all-in preflop;) But if the situation forces you to do this, then top pair with suited connectors is best:rolleyes:
I played at a table where there was six all in preflop !
Playing high cards seems to logically but I see lower cards win because there many cards blocking AKQ

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For sure AAKQ suited 2 with 2 of them

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Omaha - Double suited AAKK
Omaha h/l - Double suited AA23

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exactly as Joeisi said.
Aside from those, pretty hands to see and be aggressive with are connected double suited hands like JT98 and similar.

For Hi/Lo, regarding connectors, it is better to have something like 4567, then 89TJ, as it gives you some backup for winning the Lo part.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of the two hands, AKQJ is stronger than JT98, only if dounble suited, if not, there is not much difference. Omaha is a flush game, straight is weaker. The two-color starting hands the best in Omaha! The strongest hand in Omaha A2A3 double suited.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Stats underline the strength of AAKK and all variants descending thereof...but its interesting you compare AKQJ to JT98.

All I can say is I am happier to be dealt a straight (with possible flush) than I am to see two strong pairs- and for me the higher the starting hand the higher the potential, so I would opt for AKQJ.

Its odd (just anecdotal) but I usually play one PLO tourney a day and I am presently on quite an extended run of big pairs (AA, KK) failing to strengthen as the hand plays out. I find myself making FHs with smaller pairs more often than higher pairs and, as noted, am happier to see a potential straight when dealt cards.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands