Benefits for professional poker players?

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello friends. This may be a silly question, but do professional players who are members of a poker room receive financial benefits? In other words, a monthly check, and if so, which room pays its players the best?

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The team pro players affiliated with certain poker room for sure receive benefits but not normal players (no matter if pro or recreational) as far as i know.

M

MyPokerCoaching

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If these players are used in marketing campaigns or to promote the room in any way, they surely receive benefits ranging from buy-ins for live and online events, to better rakeback and even actual money.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is unlikely that you will know this !!! I have not heard that professional players disclose the terms of their contract !!!

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is unlikely that you will know this !!! I have not heard that professional players disclose the terms of their contract !!!

I have to agree with this. Parker Talbot was on Poker Life and he mentioned a range from $40K to $300K. Of course he wouldn't say who was on either end of that range, and he definitely wouldn't talk about where he fell in that range. Ingram reacted like $300K was high and couldn't imagine who was making that. Yet, somehow it seems like I recently read that Daniel Negreanu's deal with pokerstars is worth between two and four million, although I can't remember where I read that now.

It's hard to say what other benefits they might enjoy. One reddit user suggests that typical deals include:
  • Tournament entries to site sponsored tournaments.
  • Tournament entries up to a specified amount per year.
  • FullTiltPoker used to pay $35 per hour for playing online + 100% rakeback as well as tournament entries for some.
  • Bigger names received a fixed amount per year, usually deposited to their player accounts.
  • Lesser named pros might only receive a larger rakeback in return for wearing a logo.
Of course this comes from an older reddit thread. I don't know accurate this information would be these day. For instance, I believe FullTilt did used to deposit funds directly to the accounts of it's sponsored players. It also was rumored to have let sponsored players withdraw advances against future earnings, sort of like letting your employees take money out of the cash register when they needed cash. This blurred the lines between what was FullTilt's money and player funds, which is one of the reasons they came up way short when it was time to pay players out after Black Friday. With PokerStars having acquired FullTilt, they were supposed to have put an end to many of their questionable sponsorship arrangements. In fact, according to Parker Talbot PorkerStars isn't all that concerned with retaining most of it's pros. Of course, I couldn't say how true that is.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
It is hard to say, but I think that professionals get a number of benefits, bonuses, additional funding. Undoubtedly, professionals receive money for participating in promotions and promoting poker.
Good luck.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm sure Team Pro players get paid some amount, but not just for playing poker. They will be expected to be involved in marketing, such as TV adverts, or whatever. They will all have contracts so will be paid some amount in some way, like others have already suggested, this might be buy-ins paid for live events or something, where having big names will help attract bigger player pools.

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some players are sponsored by poker channels. It means that they get money to play beside from table. It´s their incomes.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friends. This may be a silly question, but do professional players who are members of a poker room receive financial benefits? In other words, a monthly check, and if so, which room pays its players the best?

Some online poker rooms have team pros, these players receive financial compensation for being an ambassador for that poker room. As for the size of the contracts it's all private and unique for each pro.

For live rooms there are sponsorships as well which may include an hourly rate for sitting at the tables (these are known as 'prop' players) or free hotel rooms, free food, etc.

As for which room pays the best... there's really no way to know, but generally the more value a player can bring to a room (in terms of being a good ambassador, bringing more awareness to the site, getting people playing etc.) the higher their compensation will be.

If you are looking to do something like this, having a strong social media presence greatly helps, as the rooms as looking more for people who can give them great exposure rather than players who can just crush the game.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
they get rewards and tournament money

C

celtics33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everything is marketing. its s small cost compared to what these corporations are making in return.