How Did You Get Into Poker?

T

TheFireWall

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good flop everyone. Digging a bit deeper How did you hear about poker? And why are you still in this world? Did your father teach you the concepts? Did you buy the dream of losing less than you earn? It would be the only place to handle strong emotions, why not leave it?

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I came to poker when I was looking for extra money.:ahhhhh:

etouu79

etouu79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, indeed it was my father who taught me these concepts, of course that from that time to this everything has changed a lot and the new concepts I had to apply them through books and forums like this, and with a lot of games and videos of new players

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
For me, poker is a hobby that gives me pleasure. I work as a driver, and poker is a good pastime for me after a hard day's work.
Good luck.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Good flop everyone. Digging a bit deeper How did you hear about poker? Did your father teach you the concepts?

Since i (sadly) haven't seen this individual in person (or i just dont remember it) then the simple answer is no :bebored:

Therefore guess no need to be teached by anyone. Pretty much being The Independent One and trying to get things done etc on your own is probably much better option ... :cool:

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I got started by watching those big wsop final table broadcasts. It was really big back in the day, and there were so many star players who became household names with HUGE personalities. From then onwards I entertained thoughts of Poker supplementing my income, but very quickly realised that I was not good, not even average, to be honest, and settled for playing for fun and enjoyment, while also learning a fair bit along the way...

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A friend introduced me when I saw him playing online.

V

vinest

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker only thanks to this forum) I'm just not a professional player, but an amateur) poker gives a little distraction and brainwashing

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I really got jump started after watching a WSOP match.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker came into my life completely by chance, and honestly i think is impossible for chance to get poker out of my life.

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched televised poker on sports channel and didn't understand. It was soooo boring. Then a teacher taught me chips are more important than cards and I got interested...
Here I am :) (still)

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker came into my life thanks to an internet friend who taught me how to play it online. At first I was afraid to sit down at the table even with playing chips), and then I got a taste, the game became my outlet, a rest. Emotions from her of course are different, but I can't imagine my life without poker).

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A friend of mine showed me the game. We played online for a while via play chips, not real money. Then I started to play for real but I realized I had to learn that game and read some books only after losing about $50 -- my own money, not freeroll winnings. Then started to play more carefully. :)

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Started playing when I was 11 (that was 64 years ago :) , played on Saturday nights with my Uncle for match sticks.. We were so poor we didn't even have enough to play penny ante. True story.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker came into life unnoticed. But now he's not going to leave :)

J

jonnybegoode

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker with my friends and family when I was a young kid (37 now). But it wasn't until I was in my junior or senior year of high school, that a friend of mine introduced me to online poker. I was hooked. I started playing a lot on poker stars, and dammit, if I wasn't making a good living doing it before black Friday hit. Since then....splat.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!The game starts from birth.The game that brings emotion can change with age.It all depends on your preferences in life and what kind of person you are.As for the cards, I personally met as a child in the courtyard of the men played 21-black jack).That's where the interest and excitement came from.Time has led me to poker-because of all the card games, it is the most impulsive .Poker is our life!After all, the game is life!

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I became interested in playing poker from a friend.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
With Zynga poker on Facebook when I used to have social media , after that I created some accounts on pokerstars , FullTilt etc with small deposits.

I stopped play completely for 5 years, if I remember correctly, and in 2015 a new colleague taught me basic strategy so I started play again after that in 2017 I found the forum and the story keeps going...

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My dad introduced me to poker when I was a kid. I loved mathematics and this game seemed to me quite mathematical, in which I can apply my knowledge. We often played with our neighbors at home.

H

hohol97

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw my mates played in poker in school. With different success.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoyed playing card games when I was a kid. I used to play card games with my grandfather for 3-4 hours everyday. Eventually, I got bored of the games I know and started for looking other card games and I found out about poker.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I myself became interested in poker after watching the competition program run by PokerStars. At that time, there was a wide advertisement for Pokerstars. I was least interested in poker money back then. Just for fun I started playing poker, for some year I played only for virtual money

Stasey

Stasey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was 2016. I was watching stream on twitch. Guy was playing BB on PS.