Been doing good

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been happy with being ITM as often as I am but I would like to do better of course. Like tonight played tight made the money finally got a hand 99 and meet up against 10 10 and go out 1st in the money when I could have made a little more if I would have not played 99 against a big call. I had him on AK or AQ. so my read was off too. well good luck and good night

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't think that way cause you don't know what hand he has. If you think you made a mistake, post it in hand analysis topic. And folding until the good hand comes is a bad thing. To win a tournament you need to take some risks at some point. Good luck!

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Been happy with being ITM as often as I am but I would like to do better of course. Like tonight played tight made the money finally got a hand 99 and meet up against 10 10 and go out 1st in the money when I could have made a little more if I would have not played 99 against a big call. I had him on AK or AQ. so my read was off too. well good luck and good night

We would have to see how the hand played out to see if you made a mistake, you are never going to know 100% of the time what your villain is holding. I am probably playing 9s the same way once that bubble has popped as I assuming you don't have many bbs at that point.

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The longer a tournament goes the harder it is to be patient. You wait so long for a decent hand, then when you finally get one a lot of times so does someone else. That's poker I guess.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as long as you are running good and making it ITM, keep doing what you are doing my friend

poker is a game of variance, wish you luck in the many future tables to come!

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
update

took 1st on a bounty rebuy tourney. I had no rebuys took first and $98 in bounties so I am excited. It is good to be out of retirement sober and playing poker again. I still need to shake off a few cobwebs and bad habits that I have acquired but for the most part my system is still working. Good luck out there The_Bandit chico

W

whitesmoke420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm doing a lot better keeping my cool during bad beats and trying to keep a steady pace. It can get hard at times after playing for long hours and feeling drained!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

My poker game is getting better all the time though so I hope to see you at the tables =)

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey
I have improved my game manifold since joining CC.

I would get knocked much before the bubble before.

Than I improved to nearing the bubble.

Now I make it to ITM more often.

So slow and steady with lot of sound advice from this community.

Thank you

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was a different kind of tournament that I have never tried before. 4 person table with bounties. I did not do good with the bounties until the very end I am sure that is were the money was at. Anyone understand this type a tournament? if so is important to take as many out as possible or just stick with your normal playing strategy a little looser though. any advice is appreciated and good luck out there. Only 1 person knows everything and he is not a poker player so everyone has room to learn. Peace and love The_Bandit

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mabey next time you will hit the 9. Good luck and way to go!

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I think about hands so I can try and not make a mistake again like over playing any pocket pair but my game has been good took 2nd tonight and 6th on BO tournaments and with a 1st place last night I am feeling good about my play just that overplay gets me in trouble.

You don't think that way cause you don't know what hand he has. If you think you made a mistake, post it in hand analysis topic. And folding until the good hand comes is a bad thing. To win a tournament you need to take some risks at some point. Good luck!

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

We all run into those situations, we play a good pocket pair and our opponent has a better one. It's just one of those wacky things in the crazy thing we call poker. At least you got beat by a better hand. I was playing in a tournament earlier, only three handed at the table because the other 6 were sitting out. I have A9s on the button, I pot size raise and SB calls, This guy had a pretty big calling range and liked to play suited or connected cards. Flop come 985 rainbow. He checks, I bet 3/4 pot. He hesitates and min raises. From watching him, I know he makes this move when he's on a draw or has a couple of overs to the board. Plus, he knows I am a pretty consistent CB-er, so I push, he calls with A7 and rivers a 6. Pretty sick. But, that's poker.

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It does happen when you run into a better hand it is how you handle it though. But 3rd night in a row making final table and this was a heads up tournament with bounties and I took 1st so another good fun night.....

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
update

yet another good night at the table. stuck with it and was on the rail short stack a few times but fought my way to 2nd place out of 99. the game plan has been working outstanding. I hope to get some love on these rebuy and add on tournaments. People bet mad on those guy whooped my AK with wait for it 35...... I didn't even rebuy after that and btw I limped and he went all in pre flop and I called... Best of luck out there and don't let the Donks get you. The_Bandit