Become smarter by playing poker

Z

zkmena

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is played by many. And it unites people of all ages and professions.There is one feature.From poker players to old age retained a clear mind and good memory and it seems to me that people with a bad memory you need to play poker ,especially those -over-50.Prevention of atherosclerosis..And you agree with that?

J

jdmBlue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with that. I use to play an online MMO wargame and met an 80+ year old man who said he played to help fight off dementia. The mental activity meant everything.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, I also agree with you. I generally believe that from the poker game, smart people get only the benefits that contribute to their effective development in their personal and professional life.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, there including Poker in most Universities. It would be one of the least activity for a higher IQ. Don't get me wrong, poker is fun and I do enjoy it. Not going as far to think for a minute I'm getting smarter by playing.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd find it hard to believe that poker could prevent any mental deterioration, but I would say it does improve mental capacity in the same way playing chess does, perhaps more-so. I say that because with chess you have strategy and outmaneuvering 1 opponent. However, with poker you have to outmaneuver 8 opponents at once. Although, there are those chess masters who play like 10 games at a time, but there are also poker players who multi-table as well. Who knows, I couldn't find any case studies about it with a brief Google search. Which, considering someone got tons of money to determine whether or not cow farts harmed the ozone, you would think this had been covered by now.

wasal2002

wasal2002

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is played by many. And it unites people of all ages and professions.There is one feature.From poker players to old age retained a clear mind and good memory and it seems to me that people with a bad memory you need to play poker ,especially those -over-50.Prevention of atherosclerosis..And you agree with that?
I do like the mental aspect of poker. Even when I m not in the game Im paying attention to everyone's moves, raises, calls, folds. I dont know about the clinical part but I feel like it sharpens the mind for sure.[emoji112][emoji112][emoji112]

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

Poker does seem to make the mind open up by breaking the stressful world into simple mathematical equations.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is likely, but I think that the very game of poker for the prevention of atherosclerosis is not enough !!! proper nutrition and sports + poker is what you need)))

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not always, you need to constantly learn and analyze your mistakes)

ACEWOLF56

ACEWOLF56

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I first started out I use to grind all night and felt it was the hardest thing ever, but when I go back to the regular life it was easy.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is like every other activity - if you exercise regularly you are in good shape and you feel better. Poker is great exercise for the brain so it is good for your mental health.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If you play poker and study different situations and odds i think
You train that part of brain responsible with math, logic and statistics, and for sure you become smarter and you ll have an IQ increase.

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you, I think the game awakens activity in various fields of the brain helping to accelerate the neurons, but there are players who do not use much. kkkkkkkk

Serbianbeauty

Serbianbeauty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not really sure either. It makes sense logically, but not not everything logical turns out to be correct. But as a poker player I certainly hope it is helping mentally in some way.

TheniT

TheniT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I really hope that yes, I intend to play poker for a long time and if it helps my mentel health in old age it would be very good.

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I agree with this, including poker, is training memory

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it's true. Only in this case, perhaps, further develops nervousness and distrust. This is about online games.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
Poker trains your memory like chess so yeah, I have to agree with you!

V

vhung1111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had a long-winded post but connection dropped and lost it all. One word:

Majhong!

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker for the prevention of atherosclerosis? Very strange idea. If only with a healthy lifestyle. About a clear mind. I remembered the story of how Doyle Brunson, when he was robbed, decided to imitate a heart attack.:D

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Are there studies for this? Has a clear diagnosis been made? I do not know .... Poker keeps your mind focused, but when you lose and get angry ... you destroy your neurons ????? !!!

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fully agree with you, the game trains the brain very well, makes thinking and making sometimes not ordinary decisions.

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
The pressure raises exactly. I have low pressure since childhood. After the game, a surge of vitality, which means a rise in pressure. For the brain, training is possible. But what about the heart? Losing big money can bring a heart attack:eek:

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
"I was thinking to myself this could be heaven or this could be hell".
There are pros and cons. Good for our brain when we're on a wining streak, but if we're losing, it's kind of depressing.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi
you gotta be kidding? poker make me smarter???? YEHHHH