to be a good loser

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are moments in the game that are remembered. I call them beautiful loss or lucky win. Yesterday in the game on pokerstars I lost the hand.The player went all in with a couple of fours, I put two waltzes.And lost the hand as my opponent on the last card came four. Me seems I lost talk!

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Am a big believer in taking my beatings like a man and saying nh some ladies tougher than that when lose too.:fight:
Nothing worse or more pathetic than a knocked out player staying in chat being abusive.:)

theothermj

theothermj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Am a big believer in taking my beatings like a man and saying nh some ladies tougher than that when lose too.:fight:
Nothing worse or more pathetic than a knocked out player staying in chat being abusive.:)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjRQJZsUGg

Very true, when I get a bad beat I close the table immediately to avoid saying anything. Now I will go toe to toe with the foul mouth ones and they normally cuss me out then leave. Cussing at me doesn't bug me because its a reflection on their character and personality

It does not however mean I have to tolerate it nor is it appropriate to say "Well you don't have to look at chat." because its part of the experience and I have more good convo's than bad ones.

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as I got my money in ahead, I try not to think about the result. Yea it feels bad to get sucked out on, but I much rather focus on the spots where I played poorly. Bad beats are part of the game, and more volume is the only thing that will help counteract it if you are getting your chips in ahead.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once I pass in a final table and I remember that someone told me never to regret losing one hand so I remember that I had k-7 and doubled on the table and the other player had AA and I fold him on the river and he took me out the table is of 4th luck and greetings to everything:turtle:

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a great loser. Likely the best. Don't believe it? I bet I lose better than you do you $^&@. Stupid A$$... Show some class.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are hands in which our opponents make us enter their game and in which defeat is better accepted when we think they have played well. In many cases when I lose many bad beats against incredible hands that I can not understand how they have been able to play them I can not be a good loser hahaha. It is something to improve without a doubt. regards

J

joaocm2018

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that game when you win with a bad hand is so satisfactory

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m a good loser because I’ve had a lot of practice being one.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are moments in the game that are remembered. I call them beautiful loss or lucky win. Yesterday in the game on PokerStars I lost the hand.The player went all in with a couple of fours, I put two waltzes.And lost the hand as my opponent on the last card came four. Me seems I lost talk!

It is nice seeing good sports, hate the Hellmuth type players.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday I was playing a Freeroll on PokerStars Cardcat.Finished 41.Offensively. Previously lost a lot of chips in the hand.I have an ACE and a Jack.Lost to the ACE and a seven.An unfortunate loss.But not beautiful.

H

have

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
o well

when I put my chips in I expect to win or lose
:D

M

Mike1379

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Took a long time for me to accept defeat. In my younger years I had fire in me when I lost but now, I just take the beating and leave.

G

gerrrr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mmmm could consider me a bad loser, after a string of defeats wins the anger and I end up opting badly and losing.

T

ty taylor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are moments in the game that are remembered. I call them beautiful loss or lucky win. Yesterday in the game on PokerStars I lost the hand.The player went all in with a couple of fours, I put two waltzes.And lost the hand as my opponent on the last card came four. Me seems I lost talk!

ive found out that to be a gracious loser when your opponent gets lucky on the river is something that is understood through playing for a while. when i first started and i was much younger i wouldnt take beats like yours so maturly. realizing that poker is really a game of great skill but does always come down to a game of chance can help to take beats like this much better

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to take both the losses and the wins as graciously as possible. (Which can be a challenge if the opponent is an abusive jerk, I admit.) I also get very frustrated when I see a player berating a less-experienced player. Sometimes a player makes a call/bet because he/she is a donkey but sometimes the player makes the call/bet because he/she is simply inexperienced.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, we all happens, but there are also times that we win with that kind of hands, and you have to take it easy when we lose. to recover, and even more so when a tournament. Remember that there is variance in the game, Greetings

S

Slip_Me_Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think most of us could take some lessons on keeping our cool and being a good sport when it comes to losing in poker. There have been many times I have lost my cool in a poker hand and felt bad about it later on. I even got a warning on here one time for not keeping my cool at the table. Thankfully I can usually keep it to myself but I think most have lost it a time or two. When are serious about the game and put your heart and emotions to it then sometimes it can get the best of you. No doubt though it would be nice if everyone handled bad beats and losses with class.

devisam

devisam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
me too I’m a good loser but i keep my mind and take a good time to win

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no insurance against such failures. There's always that possibility. Hold on!

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also had moments when I got to the final tables with big stacks in good tournaments and I flew 9 out of the tournament on very good cards -KK -AA QQ - the players got the card they needed to win, probably luck was not on my side in such moments, but everything is exactly the game beautiful but I was not lucky to get into 1-2 places!

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday I played a Freeroll.Got a bankroll over 5,000.There was a power outage.Over 30 minutes. When I returned to the game, the game was in the prize.Bankroll's gone.Finished 28.Offensively.

G

Gambit123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be a good loser. I lose full buy in for cash games.It doesnt effect me beacuse it not alot of money / good bank role management, and I get it back plus more later or the next time I play

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have challenged myself to say good hand when someone sucks out on me when they played badly and won. It makes them think they play well. LOL
I even say it when I was not in the hand just hoping they continue to play that way.
It actually feels better to do that than to berate them.

M

MarineCJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
J kist try to get money in ahead. Sometimes the dreaded KK vs AA or a bad read. But either way I do not gloat and never see what other player says. I do not have chat windows open. It's mainly tourney stats or some other window where I can see chat. Not worth my time.