Bankroll management the ins & outs???

D

Dfletch

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Best kept secrets of having the patience to play with in your means????

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best secrets are the most obvious..

BRM is all about limits and boundaries. You want to limit your exposure to losses; to the detriment of making huge gains. The story is consistent:" I played free low entry tournaments, won some money and blew it at the heads-up cash games." If your goal is to win enough to comfortable play heads-up cash games, it's a lofty goal you may attain, with some extreme luck.
The only bad thing is that a lot of your opponents in the tourneys and at the cash games are good, not as many fish, like in big tourneys,
You can forgo patience if you have limits you are comfortable with. It's great to win dollars, but the kick should be in the win, not the dollar amount. "The play's the thing", as the saying goes.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, it's better to have patience and play tournaments, it's better to buy tournaments that are not expensive for 1-2-5 dollars and try to get into the prize zone and win and if it will work out well, you can get to the final tables and from 1 -2-5 dollars you can win at 100 -200-300 dollars, the chances are small, but if the card will play well in the tournament, then everything is possible!

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone wants to win big without big risk. Unfortunately that can’t happen unless you win a very large tournament (like 25,000+). Otherwise your returns are much smaller. You can still do well in low stakes, it’s just more of a grind. Maybe you could play multiple tables at once if you’re comfortable doing that.

I’ve been watching jeff gross twitch stream and I see the big money he’s winning ($1500 here, $20,000 there) but then you notice the entry fees are $500 or $1050 and the times he misses the money and you realize he’s not making as much as you think.

Z

Zhud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you just need to understand that there is no loss without losing, and that you are doing everything right. And play on bankroll (100+ buy-in)

Aristodemus_

Aristodemus_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No matter how good you are, in poker you will lose, alot. What you have to accept is that what you are winning in terms of cashes outweighs what you are paying in entry fees then that is success. Even if it isn't much it will mean growth into bigger buy-ins long term and then that small success % that is coming in will mean more actual money. Even if the % remains the same.
Don't be tempted to risk too much of your bankroll in any tournament.

K

Kiritoe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Rule #1 remind oneself to never go on tilt
Rule #2 understand that variance exists - Premium hands like AAs KKs QQs are not absolute winning hands
Rule #3 step out of the game and take a break when you know you are not playing at your optimal

Always play within your bankroll, you might want to have 30 x buy-ins to ensure you can survive when playing -EV

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are no secrets about bankroll management. You just need a high enough bankroll for the limits you play so you can withstand the variance.
You also need to be better than the average player on the limit you are playing. This is having an edge over the field. If you are not better no matter how big your bankroll is it will only go down.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sorry. The best teacher is experience. I have lost an entire bankroll on tilt. I hope I never do it again because I remember what those consequences feel like.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think it is easier to play at small limits. For me, this is a $ 3 limit.
I feel that I am not comfortable if I play at bigger limits than I can afford.
Good luck.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management