Bankroll Management

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing pretty good at micro stakes for a while but still manage to lose because of poor bankroll management, what are the things to stick to it and not lose because usually I am playing some bigger tournaments and manage to lose my bankroll because I cant stick to bankroll management and cant take variance. What are your tips that helps you stick to BRM and sticking to limits?

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Good question!
I thinks it's largely to do with having the self-discipline to stick to the plan and not over reaching with shot-taking..

This is something I've had to work on too. In the past quite a few times I built up a good BR only to then crumble it by getting overconfident and totally disregarding BRM..

These days I stick to a very structured set of games and pretty much try to follow the 100 buy-in concept..

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My bankroll management is not good either, but what helped me to follow the BRM is to set a maximum limit of a tournament buy in (I play mostly in poker stars, I don’t know if other poker rooms have this option)

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
It's because you are bad player. Good player needs no less than 10 buy-ins

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on your patience and restraint. It is not restraint that ruins your bankroll. You must firmly put yourself in the framework of bankroll management and stick to them.

S

sergey3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have another problem, I slowly increase the bankroll in tournaments, but getting tilt, and in the cache I lose everything very quickly.

L

luan466

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing pretty good at micro stakes for a while but still manage to lose because of poor bankroll management, what are the things to stick to it and not lose because usually I am playing some bigger tournaments and manage to lose my bankroll because I cant stick to bankroll management and cant take variance. What are your tips that helps you stick to BRM and sticking to limits?
well, the rule of 100 buys per any tournament, is very good rule. But if you can´t do this now, i think its a good rule maybe 60 buy ins, but always trying to enter in a low number of tournaments bigger than your bank roll. Always trying to find more tournaments more cheap

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you have to be patient and disciplined. you have to think long term while respecting the management rules of your banckroll. feel free to take breaks when you feel you are losing control and can no longer bear the effect of the variance on your playing.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think for mtts that you play to be sure , you have to keep like 200BIs BR..
If you play on Stars there are big fields with high variance

H

hernandis miranda

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I also have a lot of difficulty in relation to the BR, but a big part of that is that I am not a solid BR

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a good question. Is it self control? I think having a good plan with goals can help you stick to it.

S

sergey3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a good question. Is it self control? I think having a good plan with goals can help you stick to it.
I think everyone should have some kind of plan and they should stick to it :D
I'm lose my bankroll, now play olny freerolls.
In the future I will stick to the plan, i hope :rolleyes:

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time I could play a tournament bigger than 1% of my bankroll was to win a cheap satellite to get into it. If the sat cost less than 1% and I won a seat I got to play a little bigger than usual. It keeps my bankroll a little more stable and gave me some shots to play bigger.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think everyone should have some kind of plan and they should stick to it :D
I'm lose my bankroll, now play olny freerolls.
In the future I will stick to the plan, i hope :rolleyes:

Freerolls can help you appreciate earning a bankroll.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's because you are bad player. Good player needs no less than 10 buy-ins
10 is too less too, it depends of your ROI and other things, patience is the key most of the time but im not very patient

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
How do you build a new bankroll after you lose? Do you make a deposit? Try building a new bankroll with freerolls. You will spend more time and may begin to appreciate a bankroll.

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m following many professionals, I learned from them if you play only tournaments, then you should have at least 100 buy-ins, spin-go 500 buy

S

sergey3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls can help you appreciate earning a bankroll.
In all tournament "School ... Freeroll" on pokerstars
I have never reached the prize zone. My best (AA ... JJ) all-ins are knocked out by opponents with a big stack on junk cards, and it starts to annoy.
starting to doubt the honesty of this poker rooms

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management