Bankroll Management

K

kciardiello

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello All, I’m currently in the process of trying to build a bankroll off of strictly freerolls, I started last week and an currently up to around 5 dollars and 70 cents. My question is, when should i start taking my money in my account and buying into tournaments, and for what entry price? I wanna make sure that I manage my bankroll to the best of my abilities. Thanks !

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A small bankroll, of course. Start playing some satellites for 10 cents.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think your bankroll should be at least $ 100. But in that case, never spend more than 2-3% of your bankroll per day. That is, with a $ 100 bankroll, you can only spend $ 2-3 a day. It is a reliable system that always gives good results, but you have to be patient and disciplined.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello All, I’m currently in the process of trying to build a bankroll off of strictly freerolls, I started last week and an currently up to around 5 dollars and 70 cents. My question is, when should i start taking my money in my account and buying into tournaments, and for what entry price? I wanna make sure that I manage my bankroll to the best of my abilities. Thanks !
what are the smallest buy-in mtts on the site you play? why type of mtts are they? (freezeout, re-entry, re-buy, etc)

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With your "bankroll" of 5.70$ you could play 0.10$ sit n gos already.
You have to have at least 50 buy-ins to safely play a tournament or a sit n go. If you play a freeroll in paralell, you could count some income from there, so you could try even 0.25$ sit n gos.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
The advice others have given above has been good in terms of you having earned enough from freerolls to play in the absolute lowest of stakes depending on what's offered on your poker room. If you're not interested at playing those stakes or those are not available on your poker client, either keep on slowly building up your bankroll through freerolls are take the risk if you feel comfortable playing slightly higher buy-ins knowing that you have less flexibility and protection if you hit a bad rut.

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello. try to play 0.10$ 360 people and grow a poker bankroll I myself repeatedly rise from poker freeloads

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say at least $100, but it would take you too much time to build that bankroll playing freerolls, so I would start with a bankroll of $25 playing $0.25 sitgos or mtts.

CptRunBad

CptRunBad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The general rule of thumb is 200 buy-ins for whatever tournament size you intend to play. You might be able to get away with playing $1 tournament with a $100 bankroll but that would be pushing it.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'd agree with $5-10 for .10c SNG's and $100+ for $1 MTT's..

So you can stick to freerolls for as long as you like really. You could dip your toe in some .10c's now or keep building the BR so you can start at a higher buy-in.. Nothing to stop you doing both either! :wink:

It's kinda personal and depends on the individuals ability and confidence I guess..

An amount that might be fine for one person might not be for another..

If you're on Stars, I usually recommend the .10c, 360-player SNG's for micro BR building. It's pretty soft and not difficult to cash/FT/take down..

Good stuff with the freerolls, keep up the good work!

:icon_thum

leoronin

leoronin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls ar a good way to make money but can be tough and tedious its better to deposit when you have some extra cash and apply for a bonus for extra bang for ya buck and play with a set limit to make your bankroll last long as possible

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management