Bankroll management

I

Ian mcdonough

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all I am a new member to the site I play multiple sites PP. PS and also some smaller ones. I regularly do well in Mtts and cash at a high frequency without getting those big wins and then end up spunking it playing cash games where my bankroll isn't suited to these levels I'm playing. obviously I should drop down levels but how does every one else look after there bankroll management? I can't bring myself to play 5/10 cent or lower

I

Ian mcdonough

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many BBs would ppl recommend for playing 50/£1? The usual advice I hear is 100 what are other ppls advice on this?

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not play cash games. For me, such games are always unprofitable. But I always try to stick to the bankroll management system. I believe that without such a system it is impossible to be a successful player.

I

Ian mcdonough

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I should not really play cash games but sometimes if I've not got enough time to play a long tourney I'll play cash. I think I should switch to sit n go's and see how that goes.

S

Spns777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play on money, which you don’t afraid to lose or don’t play on money.

M

MountHollyDK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I manage it a bit differently but after all these years I’ve finally found something that works for me. I can’t ever pretend that if I lose a few hundred bucks that my bankroll is done because it’s not like I’m ever going to stop playing. However statistically I’m much better when my back is against the proverbial wall rather than at times where I have 4 figures in my account. So, to keep myself in line I do this ... I always leave $200 in my account. When I get it to over $300 I cash out. Gives me a steady stream of small cashouts while also keeping me from donking off hundreds on a whim at a table I shouldn’t be playing at.

Under those parameters I usually keep my buy ins under $20 and my cash to 10/25 cent. Works for me. Hope this helps.

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all I am a new member to the site I play multiple sites PP. PS and also some smaller ones. I regularly do well in Mtts and cash at a high frequency without getting those big wins and then end up spunking it playing cash games where my bankroll isn't suited to these levels I'm playing. obviously I should drop down levels but how does every one else look after there bankroll management? I can't bring myself to play 5/10 cent or lower

Dude, probably your mistake is one of the most common ones in regards to bankroll management, you win some low tournaments and soon you want to go up the limit but you do not realize that you are entering tournaments that may be very different from the ones you usually play, the filds change, the tournament speed changes and the way you play them too, set a tournament type and a limit, and set a goal to raise your limit.
For example, if you have $ 1000 dollars you are throwing limits of up to $ 1.50 and if you do well, stipulate a goal to level up, I don't know, $ 5000 dollars to be able to play limits of $ 5 and so on.
Ahhh of course, you will have to go through periods of adaptation in these new limits, you can not simply level up, you should merge between your current limit and the target limit.

Well, that's what I think, I hope I've helped.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you are serious about your poker career, you will have to learn how to follow a bankroll management. It is important.

T

TheEllusion

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Chris Ferguson's Bankroll Management Strategy

Anyone around my age (33) knows Chris Ferguson. You can love him or hate him for the FullTilt scandal but he did accomplish something no one else has. He bet the entire poker community that he could start with $0.00, playing only freerolls, and end up with $10,000 using proper bankroll management. He started this effort in March of 2006. It took him several weeks to earn $2 and another several to come up with the proper strategy to invest it. He chose 5c/10c no limit. He lost a coin flip and was back to $0 so he decided to stick it out with the Freerolls. He was cashing about every 1 in 10 and playing 1 every hour and half. (This worked out to be $.14/hour). At the time he was following a strict rule of 10 Hours of play per week.

When he got to $22 he played a $1 MTT and cashed for $104. It took him 9 months to make it from $0 to $104. In just another 9 months he not only made his goal of $10,000 but ran his roll all the way up to $28,000!

His rules:
#1: You are not allowed to invest more than 5% of your bankroll into a cash game or a Sit-N-Go
#2: MTTs could not cost more than 2% of his bankroll. Satellites were only allowed if the target tournament buy-in would be affordable according to the 2% rule.
#3: If your winnings ever exceed 10% of your bankroll, leave the table before the blinds reach you and step up a level.

I have never forgotten these simple guidelines and they are a great way to keep yourself humble and remind yourself that whether you are winning or losing: tomorrow is a new day.

-TheEllusion

D

Den Chernik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
банкролл-менеджмент

9 years I play poker stares! And I still have not learned how to keep a bankroll! I'm not going to train myself to play micro limits!

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For some, the cash games are good and they win good money, and for some, the cash game does not like, if you are good at winning tournaments, then go to tournaments higher and buy the tournament more and try to win there if you can play normally in tournaments it is better to continue to play and try to raise money in tournaments!

Everbane

Everbane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always have a bankroll in 150 big BBs, that is, if I have $ 150, I can play tournaments or cash games for only $ 1!

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will say only one thing that I understood.
bankroll and discipline are interrelated.
not observing a bankroll means there is no discipline.
lack of discipline means inevitably a fall in these parameters.
there must be willpower to properly manage BRM to overcome temptation.
it is more important moments and the key to success in a player's career
I had a bitter experience
BRM.
now it's time to rebuild everything. I'm sorry that I was stupid and did not listen to the advice of smart, experienced people.

D

DjDen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same problem ... try to limit the limit of games in the section Responsible game in account settings

I

Ian mcdonough

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have some good cashes in Mtts at a range of buyins but I never follow the bankroll rules mentioned above if I have £20 ill play a £10 mtt if I cash for £150 I'll play a higher tournament highest buyin to date was £109 on stars and I simply put £110 in account and played this obviously way above my roll if following those rules. My problem is that I sometimes need the fast action that cash and zoom provide and I have said as of today only I am no longer playing cash games so hopefully can see if I can become a regular winner and lower stakes. Thanks for the advice Guys!!

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management