Bank control

CadoARAJ

CadoARAJ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you control your game limits? No? Yes? If you control it, tell me how you did it.

Personally, I am still struggling to control my bank.

I allways control my bankroll. Only one time, at the begining of my amateur poker carreer, I lost all my deposit BR, that was $10 + $10 doubled by PS.
To avoid this, I play a lot of freerolls and I allways play games payed that had a buy in that represent 2%/1% or less of my bankroll.
For exemple, if I have $50 bankroll, I can play buy in games of $1 or $0,5 and when the bankroll decreases due to downsing, i regrete the amount putted in play, or just halt payed games and play only freerolls for a while.
It allways work for me.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Bankroll management is an integral part of a successful game. I try to be a disciplinarian and always stick to my money management system. I never spend more than 3% of my bankroll.

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As Cadoaraj mentioned, I would go for freerolls and the cheapest tournaments.

What I do is try to Play every freeroll available, Play 1-2x per day Micro stakes cashgames with min. buyin (usually 0.80$) and try to make a small win here and there. If I reach 1.60$, I usually quit the game with a smile. What I learned is, you Need to know when to quit. I once had such a streak and lost everything in this cash game again. From this Moment onwards, I knew I had to learn when to quit, even with smaller wins.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very simple. I just do not buyin for more than 1/100 of my bankroll in MTT and never play more than 2 MTTs per day. Discipline is important in poker.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hello, personally it is the most difficult thing for me to control in poker. Play at my limits, since a bad streak at high limits we can lose everything in a very short time. I am reading enough to be able to control this. I hope you have improved in this time haha

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll control

banking management is fundamental in poker, and it is simple, do not make buy ins exceeding your limits, there is not much logic, simply respect the limits of your bank to continue progressing

gupiel0k69

gupiel0k69

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
IMO the best approach is to stick to one game type and buy-in with proper BM rules (like 100 buy-ins for mtt sng's) and just dont look at the cashier. You can do it like weekly/monthly - your choice. It takes of the pressure and gives you a piece of mind, at least for me.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I play the levels that make me the winner first, until I am well prepared to go to the next level. You always have to be persevering and not frustrate when bad days of losing in poker come, so please calm down, close your session, study a lot and rest, and then, the next day, start again.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quite simple really. You play the limits based on your bankroll (and skill if moving up). You need to set X number of buyins and if you drop below that, you move down. Get back above and you move up, again only to the point your skill is still good.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You must have a bank control, stable and logic, because you must not spend more than you can afford. You must have limits in your games and understand when to start and when to stop your game. Only then you will have profit from your games!

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you control your game limits? No? Yes? If you control it, tell me how you did it.

Personally, I am still struggling to control my bank.
Be lying if said was not struggling myself occasionally self control and mental game is one of the hardest things in poker.
I control my bankroll/liferoll to me its same thing by leaving it in 20 different places,
Pension funds,savings bricks and mortar banks with no card access is where I leave 95%
of it so I can not gamble with it.
Then lets say gambling roll budget for year is $5200 stop loss 10-15% salary depending overtime worked xmas bonus ect will leave it in many different places preferably payment processors like visa current account mainly,bitcoin,paypal,neteller,and Ecopayz leave money on most of them when roll reaches $5700 then $500 goes in deposit envelope to that no access bricks and mortar place.
I also try will emphasize try:eek: to keep individual rolls on 10 poker sites and practice good BRM by taking advantage of sites special deposit offers,overlays and freerolling fanatically even if other tables are open playing $100+ buy ins simultaneously.
But also I do not beat myself up over busting those small rolls as once it leaves the payment processor and lands on the poker site it is not counted properly - to me until withdrawn + to me as the swings can be huge and fluctuate wildly.
Am trying to make small improvements to my knowledge and strategy with the help of other members wisdom by documenting my 2020 poker struggle mad mod position thread as I am far from perfect and human error happens.
Admitting you have an issue is great so now you can work on a plan my advice would be to not let the swings of one bankroll on one site effect you too much emotionally or mentally and focus on a long term 1 to 5 year strategy with your game look after the big stuff first small stuff then will take care of itself.
At same time play your best game every day pace yourself and quit when your tired up down or break even.
Most important advice I could give is never keep a big percentage or your entire roll in one place at risk for long some days I lose 5 times in a row calling preflop shoves with aces good luck.:) .

Last edited:
Helvec

Helvec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with me. I am struggling to control my bank. I know I will, but it will take time. I know that it is a fundamental point in any poker player.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am not a professional in poker, but not the worst player !!! I know for sure that I have big problems with managing a bankroll !!!

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.Yes,with a good bankroll management and playing many freerolls..You will always have a healthy bankroll !

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is a bankroll management strategy, if you stick to it, there is an option not to lose.

bankroll_menedjmeng_4.png

2.2-5.5-11-22-27-55-82-109-215 from ps mtt (min 30BI)

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of my biggest issues is managing my bankroll. I've turned a little bit a money to a large amount of money numerous times, but in the end I always find a way to dump it all off. Most of the time it's due to tilt or trying to grow my bankroll too quickly. One thing I've used in the past is when I'm at a table with my buy in when I double up and cash out and go to another table and buy in for the minimum and continue doing the same. It helps to build up my bankroll quickly. My issue is when I build up that bankroll I go and play higher stakes and usually play with my entire bankroll. I need more discipline.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
banckroll

Hi. in these days of quarantine it is more difficult to control your Banck. because you play more. I tell you what I do. I play tournaments low buy in of $ 0.50 to $ 1.10 and with that regulo my Banck. spinefoot any follow if I do not tell you until tomorrow

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100% because I do not charge balance out there, I do it through virtual loads!

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that before learning all the tools that the game provides, the main ones outside the game are mindset and bankrool control. Every beginner wants to earn money fast and forgets that the profit in poker comes with volume and in the long run, and they end up playing tournaments more expensive than it should be to try to earn money fast. I think that if you play SNG I believe that 100 buy ins is enough to play comfortably, as long as it is not turbo and rebuy. Now for MTT as there is a lot of variance and you will lose a lot more, I prefer to play with a minimum of 300 buy ins to feel comfortable.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
If you don't have a risk control in your bankroll you are going to lose a lot of money, I recommend you start with a buy-in of 50: 1 or 40: 1.

For example if you have USD100 in your account; play tournaments of maximum USD2 or USD2.50 buy-in.

So you can improve your game and level up and rise your bankroll balance

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no matter how much I tried, I couldn't control my Bank . I climbed to higher limits and eventually lost my entire bankroll. there are a lot of tips but how to learn to follow them there.