Art Of A Poker Player

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who in your life has never dreamed of being a great poker player, living around the world, taking part in all the biggest possible tournaments?
When I see these professional players poker game, I feel a myth of envy and admiration
envy for not being in these wonderful places,
I can be in the same wonderful place as them, but as a tourist ...
admiration for the way each of them performs their strategies without fear, and with the utmost conviction that they can win
there are bad players...Who do not mind losing
there are good players... maintain constant variation, gains and losses
there are excellent players... can keep good gains
But there are those that we call poker myths...They make fortunes, they lose fortunes, losing or earning now is only one more detail,...first comes name, fame, prestige,the rest is a consequence
these are those who master this wonderful art, with the maximum mastery, even when they lose fortunes, show that nothing can be shaken in its solid structure, this is called total mastery of its emotions, the art that few get 100%...
but those who get it, are the best, we see that despite all this glamor, they are simple people, I believe that this is the be best gift, simplicity always takes us to another higher level

J

jesus133

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we always dream of that, but to reach it only depends on us and when we strive to achieve it and improve our game, so one day we can reach it

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I have many people in my life who have zero ambition to be one and actually look down on them for having such an unproductive lifestyle that simply exists to sustain itself rather than producing a worthwhile good or service.

My grandparents (father's side) are completely against my ambitions but my grandfather told me he believes in me even if he would suggest differently and my grandmother said she thinks I will definitely fail but has no doubt that in my future career I will excel (she's wrong but it's the way she is, stubborn as a rock).

I enjoy the game very much and I will die a poker player it is definite. Only a *touch wood* stroke or some severe mental defect could ever stop me playing the game. My ambition isn't about travelling and my ambition definitely isn't about being famous; it is is just that I have never seen another game that combines skill and luck so beautifully to combine hard work and pleasure.

I love poker but not all people do, that is for sure.

Ivansito26

Ivansito26

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all poker players who play online and live, we dream of being in the poker elite, but I think that envy should not exist because one with goals can achieve everything important is to have constancy discipline and be humble and above all to have a little luck because poker is 50% lucky 50% ability
hopefully one day someone from this community publish a post of their achievements and that has fulfilled their dreams

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
all poker players who play online and live, we dream of being in the poker elite, but I think that envy should not exist because one with goals can achieve everything important is to have constancy discipline and be humble and above all to have a little luck because poker is 50% lucky 50% ability
hopefully one day someone from this community publish a post of their achievements and that has fulfilled their dreams
it is definitely not 50/50 there is far more skill involved.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My grandparents (father's side) are completely against my ambitions but my grandfather told me he believes in me even if he would suggest differently and my grandmother said she thinks I will definitely fail but has no doubt that in my future career I will excel (she's wrong but it's the way she is, stubborn as a rock).
Depends a lot on the age and background of the grandparents, doesn't it. Many of them went through some pretty harsh times and have every right to be skeptical.

gambling in general, and poker in particular, have a bad rep. I believe though that if you can and are able to treat it like a business, it's not that different from any other business start-up. There are expenses and there are revenues. In the end we all hope to make a profit, but LOTS of small businesses fail.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends a lot on the age and background of the grandparents, doesn't it. Many of them went through some pretty harsh times and have every right to be skeptical.

Gambling in general, and poker in particular, have a bad rep. I believe though that if you can and are able to treat it like a business, it's not that different from any other business start-up. There are expenses and there are revenues. In the end we all hope to make a profit, but LOTS of small businesses fail.

My grandparents on my dad's side would also oppose me opening a business until I'm qualified in something and therefore show a career path for a plan B

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have many people in my life who have zero ambition to be one and actually look down on them for having such an unproductive lifestyle that simply exists to sustain itself rather than producing a worthwhile good or service.

I enjoy the game very much and I will die a poker player it is definite. Only a *touch wood* stroke or some severe mental defect could ever stop me playing the game. My ambition isn't about travelling and my ambition definitely isn't about being famous; it is is just that I have never seen another game that combines skill and luck so beautifully to combine hard work and pleasure.

I love poker but not all people do, that is for sure.

A great report my friend, we know that we can not always get anyone who gives us the full support we need

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People that don't like poker have never felt their blood boiling without blushing, when it comes to all in on a final table and you hold AKs agaist pocket rockets and you found your second colur on the turn...:angel: