Anyone playing poker at holiday?

shomy21

shomy21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just come back from summer holiday from Corfu and I didn't play poker two weeks. Also I didn't post here anything because I didn't have good wi-fi signal :eek:
I love summer and chilling at sea because I fill up my energy there for new poker challenges, but is it good for poker skill or not :)

zarrmonster

zarrmonster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems a break from playing poker for a bit might give you a clear head to start with. You have had time to shake any ill thoughts and/or questions concerning a good or bad play.

Glad you had a break, sounds like it was a relaxing holiday more my speed. I find some vacations are exhausting and come home more tired that when I left. lol

Good luck to you on and off the felt!

Mason Pye

Mason Pye

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe it's best not to play poker while you're abroad on holiday. The reason why you've gone on holiday is to take a break. As you mentioned, it can be quite difficult to get a good wi-fi signal anyway, and even if you do receive a signal, you could easily be disconnected. Take the time to reflect on some of your descisions at the table- if you could've played a hand better or should've folded a particular hand? When you get back home, you should have a clear head, a positive mental attitude and raring to hit the tables. Hope this helps.

almanik

almanik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Summer make online of biggest poker rooms smaller. We can't do nothing with it. Seasons problem. It happens every year. Don't mention this problem and all gonna be allright! )

pricechoppin

pricechoppin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I think taking a break from poker sometimes is good and can be very refreshing. A summer/winter holiday does the body good. We have so much poker whenever we want it so If you can tear yourself away and have a total change You will come back nice and refreshed and eager to win...I take a week or two in the winter to get out of the cold and head down to the Caribbean to get away from our Canadian cold winters and I always come back refreshed and ready to play play play

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, its good to play in holiday, stressless and relax. You can hang out with your friends also, go for a long trip while playing poker in your gadgets is so cool. Enjoy!

maniaka68

maniaka68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes its the best time to play poker so calm i am

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just come back from summer holiday from Corfu and I didn't play poker two weeks. Also I didn't post here anything because I didn't have good wi-fi signal :eek:
I love summer and chilling at sea because I fill up my energy there for new poker challenges, but is it good for poker skill or not :)

What is Corfu? Where it is? Is it Krf?

skull89

skull89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A break is always a good thing, refreshs your mind and give some extra energy. Spending some time traveling and enjoying family and friends are great for that, and unrefusable.

alejandro huerta

alejandro huerta

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is good distract and relax the mind and not be thinking all day in poker but of course if you have to study the game.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes, you need a break and to the head. But I quickly play poker than going to visit or go on vacation.

J

jakies123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I do I play poker how often when I want .

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
break helps reflection and mature my playing style

poker game a little while since I started learning how to play the game every day but a break helps reflection and mature my playing style

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played online from a hotel room in Iceland a while back while on a vacation. And from different states when I'm on the move.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When on vacation my family and I usually squeeze in a friendly poker game on one of the nights we stay in. I usually get my butt kicked too! My daughter is ruthless!

I

insidious96

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes with my friends especially If I've never played recently.:)

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if you take poker as your source of income, as a work, I wouldnt play poker on holidays then :) But If its only your hobby and you feel like playing, why not to try it somewhere else in the world... :)

demibar

demibar

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
holidays vs poker

i do play poker no matter if i am on holidays i like it ...but i use to play less hours than usual that period

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No matter, if on that day have a good tournament, i will play as usual..

B

benspocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
holidays

i love to play poker when you my age it doesn`t matter if its a holiday or not , i just love to play poker

Robert Krawczak

Robert Krawczak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes , I play often with friends and sometimes when I have a little more time I play in live tournaments :)