Anyone know Alan Rogers?

JCuervo

JCuervo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sunday morning I'm playing in the 7:00 am EST freeroll on Carbon and, for lack of a better term, very explicate player "matrah" was on my table. Not sure how I got involved with the conversation, I don't cuss, not typically get drawn into trash talk, but when identified himself a poker pro "Alan Rogers", well I'm a bit cynical, wondered why a "pro" would be playing in a freeroll, mention that I wasn't calling him a liar, but that I just didn't believe him, but after a while, and a couple of expletives from him and some more interesting conversation, I requested proof as in a post on his FB page. Well to my surprise I got one, Sorry Deb, but he shortened my "DakotaGold" to just “dakota”. Not sure if I was more amazed that he appears to be a pro playing in a freeroll or the ability to not to be able to use and expletive in almost every text. To his defense, he did say he not having a good couple of days, I was actually enjoying the conversation, and I did finish 6th while he placed 8th. Just wondering if anyone knows him or, still being my cynical self, he was just doing a great job of bluffing. :)

Attachments

• ar.jpg
    ar.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 29
TrailerPark

TrailerPark

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe he was doing the same thing that Chris Ferguson did In 2006 with his bankroll challenge where he started with nothing and built a bankroll from playing freerolls. Or he could had been full of SHHH:) Ive actually got hooked up with a few girls by telling them i was a poker pro:)If ya seen the girls i was talking to you would understand why i was bluffing,that was when i was younger of course.The good Lord knows im as close to being a poker pro as Peter from family guy:)