Any differences between 0.01/0.02 and 0.05/0.10NL?

BLieve

BLieve

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im starting to get a good feel for micro NL play at the 0.01/0.02 level and I am thinking about moving up. Do you believe there is a noticeable difference in skill level among the players or do you think these are just the same players with more money to spare? If there is a skill difference, how would your strategy change from 0.01/0.02 to 0.05/0.10?

tsabbat

tsabbat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea there is a big difference... You play people that dont really care if they lose couple bucks. The higher the stakes the more respectable the players. The only thing you cant avoid is there will be at least one or two donkeys in every table you play. I would recommend you play the .10/.25 or the .25/.50 depending on your skill level. Besides that if its practice you need.... Knock yourself out in the .01/.02

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's not what he was asking... and why the hell would you want to avoid the donkeys anyway?

The truth is that if you are beating .01/.02 for any significant winrate, you probably can still beat .05/.10. There aren't enough 'regs' at 10NL that it's hard to beat.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They were the same when I played those stakes. I doubt its changed much. The big jumps are from 5c/10c --> 10c/25c and from 25c/50c --> 50c/$1. When you hit 25NL, regs start popping up and the game gets less weak/tight. At 100NL, the regs stop becoming complete & total fish.

BLieve

BLieve

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks I appreciate this information everyone...will keep grinding until I am absolutely confident in my abilities

undone

undone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats what i am doing too blieve... the only thing that i find is that there are a lot more people tryiong the hit and run with 40 cents... but they play awful hands and you can take some money from them..

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Isn't there a .02/.05 limit? Why would you jump from .01/.02 to .05/.10?

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends what your strategy is to begin with. If it's needed, you'll realize very quickly that adjustments to your game/strategy have to be implemented.

The lowest micros are comparable to the .05/.10 tables except for the fact you'll often find the short-stacked buy-ins playing scarred at the .05/.10s. The tweener limit, .02/.05, is a waste imo, because the blinds are just a minuscule higher than at the lowest limits but you still can't effectively steal without having half or more of the table calling with pure garbage.

Your BR should be able to handle buying in for three to four dollars minimum, otherwise you will get pounded relentlessly by the bigger stacks and every other player who wants a piece. This is probably more true for 6-seater tables, which I have mainly played.

tsabbat

tsabbat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
. and why the hell would you want to avoid the donkeys anyway?

For me and my experience with online poker I dont mind playing a table with 2 donkeys 9 handed but anymore then that especially in cash game is a waste of money unless you are a donkey yourself then its just a competition but like i said donkeys get lucky on me way to much for me to want to play them. My point is this.... I dont mind someone making a mistake thinking he had the best hand and getting lucky, but knowing your opponents and doing the only move of going all in to kick them out of a hand and they call your all in with a gut shot straight and hit it on the river, thats pathetic really man i mean if he made a move before the hand develop, i would respect that but calling my all in, not cool

N

nugganootch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth is that if you are beating .01/.02 for any significant winrate, you probably can still beat .05/.10

What would you say a significant winrate is at this level? I think I'm doing ok at this limit but I only have about 5000 hands in my pokertracker db.