Am I a gambler?

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth is that since I play poker a little more "regularly" I am asking myself that question ... For me, a gambler is someone who has a pathology that makes him gamble compulsively. He is a sick person addicted to "playing". I understand that the fact that you are a winner or loser should not influence this case, although it is evident that being "loser" aggravates the problem since it ruins your economy and your social life. Everyone who is addicted to gambling is a gambler, although if you are lucky enough to know how to focus that so that your results are positive, it is surely not seen as a problem.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think poker is a game of luck and in some cases it may even be considered addictive, but there are few. I believe that if it were a game of luck there would be no courses, poker schools, players who live off the game etc ... The only luck that some will have to have is not sitting at a table with someone who is killing the field and studying the game, because otherwise it will swallow everyone from the table hehehe :D:D:D

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I look at it it slightly different, being addicted to gambling encompasses all forms of betting. This would include any form of betting and not specific to Poker or even cards in general.
My understanding is when betting starts to stimulate your brain's reward system (the rush you feel when you win or even the downer you feel when you don't win) it can be like a drug to some. The need becomes something powerful enough to have a grip on you causing the addiction to need and want more and more to satisfy the urge. An addiction could be anything but in this case it would be linked to a form of betting.

Poker Players can be addicted to the game just like any other addiction.
When it comes to Gamblers in poker, I tend to think of those few that base their decision making on luck rather then having logic being the guiding light.

Either way addiction "to something" is real and if you feel you might be heading down the path, I would always suggest the path be broken before it's to late.

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Addiction to the game is always a problem, regardless of your results. Dependence is a disease, exactly the same as alcoholism and drug addiction. The fact that at the moment you can control yourself is only a temporary phenomenon, which will still lead to a breakdown. Believe my words, I know what it is and how once my life has changed.

alex_dorda

alex_dorda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

I am not a gambler, but I really like playing poker! I can stop and go to sleep if I don't like the game today!:rock:

L

ledris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game which includes ability and luck. As every game with luck is introduced in gambling! But is in your hand to play like a gambler or with a medthodical way.

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't need to spend more than 10 percent of your budget on poker, otherwise it can become a problem if you can't win, it's better to go back to the theory of poker and study various video materials

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IT depends on how you look at poker. Do you play for fun, for money or for the game itself? Do you spend all your free time playing poker? Do you feel the need to play? Do you follow bankroll management or the game itself is more important? It is something that you should answer yourself.

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling