All In Pre Flop

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I don't understand some players who start the game with A2, A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 A8 with these cards already going all-in thinking that A is the only card that will come out on the table and always having the chance that it will happen to really win , players are so excited about A when he takes it in his hand that he doesn't give up, even if his opponent has a royal. I think they should study more poker before starting a table by pushing all in ....

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes they do it, all in with any Ax low and with other weak hands from bad positions, and they win many times. I try to take advantage of these situations if it is possible, it is the best we can do!

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are quite a lot of such players. I think these are bingo players who are not serious about the game and rely only on luck.

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
flop

There are quite a lot of such players. I think these are bingo players who are not serious about the game and rely only on luck.
I can't really enjoy it, I prefer not to take a risk on the pre flop without having a sense of what lies ahead, playing the blinds for me. This is not playing poker, it's like you said, it's bingo, lucky.

JackStraw42

JackStraw42

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in micro stakes MTT's this is very common where folks have no issues firing off 2, 3, 4... bullets. You either double up the first few hands or buy in and try again.

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are people who play and have no idea of ​​the game, especially the people from the PCs.
When I started, I went all in all the time, because I didn't like to see the flop and I thought I would lose if I let another player see the flop (I was going to beat the villain's cards and not mine).
I started to see poker on espn and what showed the most there was people going all in, so I thought that was what I had too. :D

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
It is true but we always see that in free tournaments or micros since it does not have an investment or it is minimal, the players go even with very bad hands and sometimes they end up winning a couple of AA

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ace high is ahead of everything but a PP and higher Ace. Yes people overplay low and medium aces, but bvb an Ace is enough, and definitely in unopened pots middle to late position with like 15 bbs.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Everyone has the right to play as he sees fit. If you have an effective strategy that brings profit at a distance, then you should follow it. Personally, I prefer to play with only strong cards.

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
RISK

This is even more what I say is that I don't understand why the guy starts a tournament worth 50k for example giving everything to risk losing everything just for a low A4 A5 ETC

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many players count on luck and sometimes they are lucky, but it is impossible to win a tournament playing like this, you have to be very lucky or crazy.:)

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see this constantly not only online but in live games as well. Granted I do not see the all in preflop in the live games as much as I do the online games. I believe they are new players and when they have done this enough times and they have had the sense to keep track of their wins by doing this they will change their strategy.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can understand players who play A2-A5 range, especially suited or in LP. But from A6 to A9 is a real crap. There are players who like to play these hands very much. You can easily take chips from them at most situations.

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Moreover, they often wins. I saw a guy with A3 make an allin and caught 245 and won with a straight

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Usually it happens in the freerolls and micro limit PKO's. On the other limits, especially with deep stacks you can meet very rare. I am going all in with this cards if I have a short stack to avoid be blinded off and in most cases it helps. To go all in in the begging of tournaments of course it is ridiculous but everyone has own style how to play a game anyway.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Sometimes I don't understand some players who start the game with A2, A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 A8 with these cards already going all-in thinking that A is the only card that will come out on the table and always having the chance that it will happen to really win , players are so excited about A when he takes it in his hand that he doesn't give up, even if his opponent has a royal. I think they should study more poker before starting a table by pushing all in ....

It depends on the game, the stakes, the timing and the table.
I have no problem shoving an ace when I am heads up or in a spin n go. Ax against one or two opponents is a flip, and for me, profitable.

Also, if the buy-in is low, but the rewards good (eg weekly platinum CC game), then risking it all (and buying back in if you miss) is good value. Now, I wouldn't generally do it Ax, but might AA, KK, AK/AQ pre-flop "some portion of the time" (as Jonathan Little like to say).

I get really tired of the whinging about bad players. If you cannot beat a bad player, you are the bad player. There are a dozen different things you can exploit from almost every player, but instead people are always crying about the bad players. Generally it is the bad players who fund us...so please get over it.

Well, *this* bad player has >$200 in his bankroll since starting over from nothing in December, playing nothing but freerolls and small stakes (apart from the odd stab at a Sunday Storm or similar . It won't pay the bills but it pays for itself...

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Players who play like this never believe they will win a tournament, they play bingo not poker.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play all in with these cards only when I am short stacked, but it is common situation at freerolls

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the opponent plays incorrectly, then it is better to use it to your advantage, the more mistakes, the more profit for you.

K

Kdp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in

I have played in so many rebuy tournament where there is a player that continuously goes all in and rebuys non stop until they finally win a big pot. I don't know if they realize that all their rebuys negate their winning. They go all in on crap cards in addition to anything with an Ace.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
friend, honestly sometimes i think the deck of these sites has at least 10 aces.
unfortunately there is a little bit of logic all in at the beginning of the tournament, mainly in position.
but it's just my opinion

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very true what you say, but anyway in these online poker software I assure you that the A comes out on the table many times more than anywhere live, the A is incredible and even makes me doubt, it practically always comes out. I think that's why too many bet that it appears on the flop and the rest of the game.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good Afternoon

I see this a lot in fast KO tournaments with few chips. See, you will see that they are KO tournament players.:eek::p:confused::):):):):icon_sant

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see this constantly not only online but in live games as well. Granted I do not see the all in preflop in the live games as much as I do the online games. I believe they are new players and when they have done this enough times and they have had the sense to keep track of their wins by doing this they will change their strategy.
cool i never played a live game despite having a lot of desire in my region there are no places where i can play live poker i really want to go through this experience

I see this a lot in fast KO tournaments with few chips. See, you will see that they are KO tournament players.:eek::p:confused::):):):):icon_sant
in a ko tournament i even understand why players seek prizes by eliminating other players more in a tournament where 3 to 4 k people enter and there is only a prize between 500 the person already starts with everything is crazy

I have played in so many rebuy tournament where there is a player that continuously goes all in and rebuys non stop until they finally win a big pot. I don't know if they realize that all their rebuys negate their winning. They go all in on crap cards in addition to anything with an Ace.
most tournaments that I enter from the beginning to the middle of the tournament always have one and the other all in because they think that by giving all the inns with AX in hand he eliminates many who run and who will have worse hands than them there goes one with 2e3 in hand and wins and I'm just watching and I'm happy when the one who pushed all in is eliminated first

Last edited by a moderator:
M

moularaki

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
All there is to do is deal with it
follow or fold