Originally Posted by lime_yyy
1. How do you feel about the laws governing online poker/gambling?
2. How much money do you spend monthly playing poker? Do you usually end up with more money than you had or less?
3. Why do you enjoy playing poker?
4. Have you ever encountered a rogue casino online? What was your experience therein?
5. Have you ever encountered a player cheating online (i.e. collusion, bots, etc)? What did they do and what was your response (verbal, thought, or otherwise)?
1. The laws in the US are ridiculous. Basically the government realizes that a lot of people are playing online poker and the companies they do business with are NOT U.S. companies so tax information is not relayed to the government.
Also many of the Casinos in Vegas as well as those around the country feel they are losing a lot of money to the Net.
2. I haven't deposited any money on the web sites since the government has made it so difficult to do so. I played in some freerolls made a small bankroll and continue to play online with their money.
I do play once month in a live game and have done quite well in that.
3. Poker is a great game, the interaction with the other players and trying to read the situations presented to a player make for a great experience (assuming you read it correctly)
And nothing beat the feeling you get when you bluff someone off a pot.
4. I have only played at Full Tilt, and a little at Poker Stars
I used to play at site call Poker Room(?) a long time ago and won some money there (at the time I had actually deposited about $100).
I withdrew my money with no problem.
5. I haven't ever found a cheater online. At least as far as I could tell.
Hope this helps