alcohol and poker are not compatible.what do you think?

P

Portie64

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
нельзя мешать алкоголь и покер

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never together. You need to take poker seriously as you would take any other job. You can have a drink anytime you want just not while playing poker. Its a bad thing.

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never drink playing live poker... sometimes on a weekend, in a free roll or small money MTT I'll have a couple

B

Bodyguard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Glass of wine or 2 at most during my sessions is my speed. I'm a lightweight so nothing more ever than that.

S

SouthTexas Holdem

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I see it as a personal preference..some would say absolutely a ( bad idea).
While others see it as a method of unwinding..
I suppose that it depends on the individual..
I myself tend to get aggressive in my game play
if I've had a few!!

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How about Ecstasy and Poker? You sucked out on me but I love you man!

M

MountHollyDK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normally I don’t drink and play ... but I’m often a pot chimney at home and probably haven’t played an unstoned live game ... um ... ever?

As for drinking and playing if I go to a place like Atlantic City I’m either there to make money or have fun. If I’m there intentionally to make money I’ll drink coffee all night. If I’m there to have fun I might very well play with a blood alcohol content higher than Tony Gwynn’s career batting average.

I’ve won and lost big sober and drunk. It’s usually irrelevant but I’m not your normal drunkard. I once had a guy tell me “you’re the tightest hammered drunk player I’ve ever seen!”

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is not a good combination, you play more daring and in the long run it will cost a lot of money.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ve seen a lot of good players get drunk and lose a lot. Clearly excessive alcohol consumption is not good for positive results.

BlackMember

BlackMember

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As already mentioned before, do not combinate poker and alcohol, it will not lead to anything good.

M

midoooo90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, alcohol and poker it will trouble

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its a bad idea-to drink during playing.You cant think like you sober,but maybe this is the essence.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Alcohol and poker do not mix. Why do you think
the cancinos in vegas give you free drinks. Your
jugment is clouded and you make bad deciesions.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not grinding for money if i drunk some, even if it was just a bottle of beer and i do recommend do the same, no matter if you're professional or hobby-player. Take care of your bankroll, it's harder to win money at poker, than to loose.
I can't say myself "No! I'm not playing poker, when i'm drinking or drunk some beer or wine!" That would be a lie. But i'm still disciplined enough to play either freerolls or even play money games, if my wish to play very strong, but there are no Freerolls soon. By doing this, you will never loose the money, maybe even have drunken luck and win some, who knows.. ;) But really, keep your fingers away from Cash, SNG or any tournaments with Buy-in. You will never play your A-Game with alcohol and basically loosing money in-advance by registering there.

bighert2

bighert2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having even a slightly impaired thought process has to be a big negative when it comes to playing your best poker. Also playing against someone who has been drinking will require additional adjustments to you game.

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ilari Sahamis (Ziigmund), made a fast career as a professional poker player, but he became famous not only for victories, but also for dubious antics, which are explained by his craving for alcohol. according to Ilari Sahamis himself, alcohol caused a loss of almost $ 3,000,000 per session.

It happened to me a couple of times to play poker and drink alcohol
Always such a game ended catastrophically for me
Definitely alcohol and poker can not be together :top:

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I decided for myself. if I have used alcohol and want to play, I will only do it in freerolls. But all the same I will play adequately.
but paid tournaments here will not take place)
so now I have a position about alcohol and poker)))))
[emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12]

Nelly404

Nelly404

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. Your brain must be clear.

well_cap1302

well_cap1302

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you know when to stop, I think there's no problem.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alcohol ? How about drugs ?

I think we need to discuss more about the use of drugs while playing poker. Why? Because as canabis becomes more readily accepted and legal the number of stoned players is going to increase dramatically. Where is the danger? Your perception while stoned is drastically altered and your chances or making a whole lot of good decisions is slim. Some stoners actually believe they are smarter when lit, I have news for them.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Some of you actually think you are smarter when lit up. I have news for you. You're not going to make a series of good decisions when stoned. If poker is serious for you then you need to separate your desires from your goals.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And as for knowing when to quit when drinking alcohol, good luck to you. Not as easy as you may thingk.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Computer glitch took out my message. I will try again.

enolan

enolan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best poker players don't play drunk.
But if you're only playing for fun the go-on, have a few.

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its ok to atleast drink 1 or 2 to take the edge off ,i prefer to not drink while playing but not judging those who do whatever works for ya .