Alcohol + Poker

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it so bad, but not for all people
but alcohol differently affects all, one relaxes one highly strained))))

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Drink and poker it is not poker but roulette. You can drink but i think only if you play for fun.

elitenuts

elitenuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During my 1st live tournament, there was not a time during 4+ hours of play that I did not have a glass if scotch in my hand. Im sure everyone is different but I have done as well or better when drinking.

Im sure many people will argue with this but it is a fact for me -

jusedibo

jusedibo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that if you take too much while playing you will not bring any good results, you will end up playing very aggressive and you will end up playing 72o many times

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I oppose why not drink
but drinking it is normal for tech
hardly being drunk play well and think

A

Allmine79

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it definitely can take the edge off. Do what works best for you I always say.

U

Uzbek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcogolic Poker

Alcogolic Poker it is very funny

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As soon as I tried, I did not like
So I do not advise him to take on the game:tee:

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As soon as I tried, I did not like
So I do not advise him to take on the game)))

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol makes you stronger! But not for a long time and just in your illusions.
8xPkXr4uLMI

C

cj2327

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that acting drunk works very well for me against mediocre or bad players, but good ones see right through it. If you play your standard game and act intoxicated, they have a read on you they couldn't otherwise get. If you actually do raise wildly, etc. they can take advantage of your play just like they would if you were actually drunk. Either way, it seems to backfire against good players.

C

Chanoknan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to drink while playing poker. Believe me, DON'T.
Maybe you can do it with cash game but not tournament because you have to be concentrate and be there, sober as long as possible to win the tourney.

B

bravissim0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think that alcohol can somehow help. Personally, I'm starting to play very sweepingly and losing money.

O

Omaha killer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a good idea. I did it and it makes you feel invincible

Gphillips15

Gphillips15

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During my 1st live tournament, there was not a time during 4+ hours of play that I did not have a glass if scotch in my hand. Im sure everyone is different but I have done as well or better when drinking.

Im sure many people will argue with this but it is a fact for me -

I agree I play better after a few beers but if keep drinking get past that point n lose focus but I agree to a point it helps keep calm n patient

J

Jeremy Laninger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually will have two or three drInks on occasion usually I don't like to drink alcohol when I play because I think it clouds my judgement and I make poor decisions sometimes when I drink.

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think alcohol would impair your ability to problem solve better than when you are sober. With that being said it does take the edge off, but honestly who wants to take the edge off? I love the thrill of gambling and would never want to dull my experience with alcohol. just my 2 cents.

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this question can be eternal
because that many people so try to reduce stress
:eek::D:D

WebWebber

WebWebber

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you drink while playing poker, you will lose all your chips. You dont have the controll about your micro reactions when you show your card or what ever... Dont drink and play poker ;-)

V

veruska A1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing poker while intoxicated can be detrimental to your bank account. Sometimes players play more hands than they usually play, and they want to play cards with much weaker cards. Some drinks may not always be so bad as some people are more alert after a couple of drinks, but having drunk 4 or 5 UNLOCK! The odds that you commit stupidity and cost a lot of money are very great.

On the other hand, if you play against drunken opponents, this can give you advantages. If you play online poker between 2am and 4am, you will notice that some players make crazy and even illogical moves. Plan your game, expect really strong hands, and place your chips on them. The odds indicate that some drunks will come into your game and you will keep all your money.

Good luck!

kyrpob

kyrpob

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What are your thoughts on drinking while playing poker? I think it promotes the "wild" image and can be used as an edge. I like to have a few drinks, then start acting drinker than I am. I find it will get calls I normally wouldn't get. That is as long as you don't actually get that drunk. Does anyone else use drinking like this? I'm talking about live play if you couldn't figure that out. What are y'alls thoughts?
i think you shouldn't drink before the game maybe one glass of beer would be good but no more!:)

iudinvictor

iudinvictor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can drink, but only if you play in your company. But if you play a tournament or with strangers it's not worth it. Alcohol has a bad effect on decision-making. Even if you win, then it is likely luck.

SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are your thoughts on drinking while playing poker? I think it promotes the "wild" image and can be used as an edge. I like to have a few drinks, then start acting drinker than I am. I find it will get calls I normally wouldn't get. That is as long as you don't actually get that drunk. Does anyone else use drinking like this? I'm talking about live play if you couldn't figure that out. What are y'alls thoughts?

I think you have a lot of extra money, since you can afford alcohol when playing poker))