Learning about poker

K

KwazuluNatal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
New to poker, do you think it is a good idea to join a poker school, or get has much info from all the internet articles out there.

Adam_E_

Adam_E_

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm probably in a similar position as you, trying to learn about poker full-time and play to build a bankroll—there are some amazing resources online. The trick is finding the most suitable ones for you and organising them into your process that is actually going to improve your game.

That's what I'm trying to do anyway.

What African country are you in?

Joshua_Kane

Joshua_Kane

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If you’re brand new to poker I would definitely start with the free resources online. pokerstars School would be a good place to start, or check out some YouTube channels like Red Chip Poker or Gripsed Poker. You can use these to build solid fundamentals before paying for more advanced training. Good luck out there and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome to CC.
poker stars School is a good starting place.
Check out their Scratch and match game to get some freeroll tickes.

K

KwazuluNatal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Africa

Thank you all for your input, will try everything you have mentioned, I am from South Africa, very limited to any poker sites. Cheers

Johnson baker

Johnson baker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never done much "schooling" when it comes to poker. I tried reading a strategy book once for some basic math principles but I like the more organic approach. I've been playing since a small child so to me too much thinking takes some of the fun out of the game. Idk. I probably could benefit from some structured schooling tho.

S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this and that will not hurt the Poker school could help too,as well and useful Internet article you can find a lot of useful information!

drejva11

drejva11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have money and can afford it , the Poker Stars School or any other, will definitely help and show you how you should play, you just need to be patience and learn learn learn, good luck in the future.

K

KwazuluNatal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Africa

Thumbs up to you all, will let you know how i get on in the months ahead.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If I have had a coach in other areas of my life, I would go with a coach in this situation.

If I have never had a coach, I would not start using one now. I would continue doing what has made me successful up to this point.

Zhubiitis

Zhubiitis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play playmoney than i read many books of poker and try play real money games after 9 years i think i am good player

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im not an ecpert but they say watching the pros play helps a lot. Reading books about poker also helps.
i dont know about the math side of it, i try to understand it but it just gives me headache.

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I advise you to seek information from professional players, whether through the internet or social media. Pay attention to the attitudes and information they generate.
Most professionals like to post great videos to help everyone. I follow many Brazilians and Americans!

K

KwazuluNatal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Africa

If you have money and can afford it , the Poker Stars School or any other, will definitely help and show you how you should play, you just need to be patience and learn learn learn, good luck in the future.
Ta, but having a problem getting on to the poker stars site from here, will keep on trying.

K

KwazuluNatal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Africa

I advise you to seek information from professional players, whether through the internet or social media. Pay attention to the attitudes and information they generate.
Most professionals like to post great videos to help everyone. I follow many Brazilians and Americans!
Will do ta

L

Lord Foma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Квазулунатальный; 4665641 said:
являются новыми для покера, вы думаете, что это хорошая идея, чтобы присоединиться к школе покера, или получить много информации из всех онлайн-статей там. [/ ЦИТАТА]

I personally went through all the training to the end in poker school and do not regret it.
The poker school gave me a lot and taught.
Personally, I advise you to go to PokerStars school

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's best to read books about poker to learn strategies and others that help you master the mind. There are very good books and articles. Pokerstars seems to me a very good school. regards

K

KwazuluNatal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Квазулунатальный; 4665641 said:
являются новыми для покера, вы думаете, что это хорошая идея, чтобы присоединиться к школе покера, или получить много информации из всех онлайн-статей там. [/ ЦИТАТА]

I personally went through all the training to the end in poker school and do not regret it.
The poker school gave me a lot and taught.
Personally, I advise you to go to PokerStars school
thank you, feel i need to go this rout.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is already a lot of information on the internet available, just dedicate yourself and study, plus the accompaniment of an experienced instructor is important to evaluate your hands played and report your mistakes and you are eliminating these errors of your game. This hand evaluation can be done here in the forum itself, here you will find all possible help to improve your game, because the forum is composed of experienced players and even professionals in the world of poker.

K

KwazuluNatal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is already a lot of information on the internet available, just dedicate yourself and study, plus the accompaniment of an experienced instructor is important to evaluate your hands played and report your mistakes and you are eliminating these errors of your game. This hand evaluation can be done here in the forum itself, here you will find all possible help to improve your game, because the forum is composed of experienced players and even professionals in the world of poker.
Yes I agree, this is a great forum, already learnt a lot.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone needs to go through poker school not because there are articles on poker and strategy a, because after passing the exams you will get tickets for the game. Not having a bankroll you have the opportunity to create it without making a Deposit.I took advantage.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
definitely if you really love poker try to learn everything you can ... on the internet there are many articles and videos that teach you a lot ... and do not try to run without learning to walk ... you must go step step by step so that you get to succeed ..!