Some of the specifics will change depending on the casino, but here goes:
- When you turn up there's usually a sign-up desk / person / table / whatever where you tell them what game you want to play. At my casino they give you a ticket with the table number on it if there's a seat open, or will take your number and let you know when there's a seat available if there's a wait list. Wander into the poker room and if you can't immediately see where to sign up just ask one of the staff.
- When you first turn up to play, if you're playing a cash game then you'll probably be buying your chips from the cage / buy in desk before you take your seat. Again, ask the staff if you can't immediately see where that is.
- Whether or not you can buy MORE chips at the table depends on the casino. At my local casino you can just give the dealer cash for more chips but I've played at others where you have to go back to the cage. Just ask the dealer if in any doubt, or observe what other people are doing.
- If you want to change tables after you're seated, just ask one of the floor managers (they'll be wandering around the room in casino uniform), tell them where you'd like to go and they should be able to look after you.
- As far as tipping goes, just observe a few rounds of your table and see what everyone else is doing - I believe a dollar or two is pretty standard (not allowed to tip dealers here, so not something I've ever had to do)
- SnG availability depends on the casino. I know my local one offers them, for example, but they hardly ever fill and therefore hardly ever run. Probably more likely to get up at peak times, unless it's a really big room.
As for rules and etiquette, here's a quick primer: http://www.cardschat.com/f49/playing...d-know-114205/