Advantage of Female?

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a question.
Sometimes I feel that a lot of females are good at reading what other people think.
For example, almost all females can see if their husbands are cheating other girls.
I think that it´s a big advantage to play (live) poker because they know to read their minds.
How does that grab you?

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Controversial opinion! Successfully read thoughts can not only women, but also men.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't think it is as much a gender thing than a mindset. Seems superficial to assume otherwise.

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Females

I have a question.
Sometimes I feel that a lot of females are good at reading what other people think.
For example, almost all females can see if their husbands are cheating other girls.
I think that it´s a big advantage to play (live) poker because they know to read their minds.

How does that grab you?

While that theory make work at home, it hasn't worked at Main Event Final Tables. Men are more mathematically inclined and that tends to be an advantage in poker. Once I start seeing woman make the final table of Big Tourneys and winning some of them, I may change my mind.

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I have a question.
How does that grab you?
No advantage

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does not crab me at all, most husband's that cheap are very bad at hiding it. And most wife's think their husband's cheat. My wife thought every girl wanted me, I wish, so I was clear as to what I was doing late and she was always welcome to call me or stop by. So no I do not think any ladies have a special gift, but if you do then yes you will dry hide your tells wish will normally make the to obvious to everyone. So good luck my friend.

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just exactly...,

While that theory make work at home, it hasn't worked at Main Event Final Tables. Men are more mathematically inclined and that tends to be an advantage in poker. Once I start seeing woman make the final table of Big Tourneys and winning some of them, I may change my mind.

Just exactly, the percentage (number) of female poker players is much smaller than its men. Inevitablly females don´t arrive to the final tables. (Of course men have other advantages like circunstances, experiences and others.)
As it, we could conclude with a statics.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Women are more emotional than men, however they should not be underestimated because they are strong, analyze the situations in more detail.

tuku222

tuku222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me it is not a question of gender, poker does not know about gender ... surely playing with a woman is a beautiful experience!

lyudiko

lyudiko

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is called female intuition) some women know how to use it, some don't know. Try to just be honest with the ladys))

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know about intuition. As far as knowing their men are cheating, all women constantly suspect their men of cheating. My wife knew I was cheating for the whole ten years of our marriage, even though I wasn't. As far as females making it to the main even final table, they only comprise on average 3.5 percent (3.8% last year) of the wsop main even field.

Intuition or not, my youngest daughter is a genius (all three of my kids are smart as hell). She told me she wanted me to teach her to play poker. I asked her if she wanted me to explain the game of poker to her or if she wanted me to teach her to play strong poker. She said her boyfriend and his friends thought they were hot shit poker players and she wanted to beat them. I sat down with her for about a month with her watching me play and then slowly taking over playing as I watched and gave her pointers, explained odds and outs and such, and taught her to look for tendencies and spot deviations. Soon enough she was taking down tourneys on her own. I don't know if it's intuition, but I do know that she crushed the home game her boyfriend plays in so hard that if he brings her back again they're going to stop inviting him.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
it could be but the truth in the live game there are people who know very well how to express their expressions that are very difficult to read even for a woman

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think you are right. Female intuition is a great force. Obviously, if a woman can focus her intuition on making the right decisions, then she can become a really good player.

O

oscarhuka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think the argument described is an advantage.

In the game of poker there are many variables that destroy a single argument.

Consider for example:

initial buy in + stacks of chips on the table + position + bubble

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm convinced it's much more difficult to play poker for woman:
1) - we are not so agressive \ confident.
2) - our logic is .... strange, incoherent.

But yes, we have quiet good intuition, sometimes it helps.

But totally - male are better players)

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a question.
How does that grab you?

I am inclined to agree that women tend to be slightly better than men at reading people. On average they tend to be more tuned into emotions than us primitive males are, and given the emotional nature of gambling that's a big element in poker.

I also have seen (and have done it first hand myself) players making poor bluffs vs attractive female players because ... well ... I don't know why ... it just seems that they do, and this can make for some easy giftwrapped pots that male players wouldn't be so privy too.

That being said, I can also imagine it's quite challenging as a female player to be in a room where there's so much aggression and some men are not all that kind to their female opponents.

So I think there are some advantages and disadvantages, but certainly we've seen that girls definitely have got game. Krissy B is a great example or someone who's just crushing it! :icon_king

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t see that many female poker players, but there are a few. If they had an advantage I think it would be noticeable by now. I also question the original premise, women do not always know, and it would have to be proven they know more often than men. Even with that, would emotional sensitivity translate to reading poker hands?

C

celtics33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when you see someone everyday for many years its easier to read them. it has nothing to do with gender. but as psycologists say, women do alot of things based on emotion compared to man who uses logic and more critical thinking. this might even be a disadvantage to a female poker player, letting emotion take over at the felt. overall at the I find it harder to do reads on women. if possible i avoid them at all cost :)

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Though I think you are right about women being able to detect deceipt or foibles in their
husbands, that does not translate to poker, unless they play their husband. Women atr almost alllways right when they tell their spouse not to trust or do business with x individual, but again I dont hink it translates to poker, In my experience most female players are easier to read than other opponents in live games.

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Women might be better than men at poker, until figures are published that say what percentage of females vs males play poker and then how many make it to prof. level, we will never know.

All we know for certain is that more females do not take poker as seriously as males.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You may be right, women have a sixth sense, and that can help them make decisions at the tables.

S

scindor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think women have an advantage if you give them more credits in skills than men.

So basicly it´s up to you if you let yourself be influenced, because a woman sits at your table.
If you don´t give a shit about gender, than there is no difference.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Women are much smarter than men, so they will always have an advantage.

A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reading The Read

I have a question.
How does that grab you?
It doesn't Grab me! I love my wife and many, many times she assumes something that was not even existing near my mind (no, I do not cheat). The advantage I do see for women is that they can be (on some occasions) taken lightly to the point that she is being kind to you while she wheelbarrows away with your chips! LOL! But, Maria, Mija, GOD has given both men and women alike, intuition. Some ignore that small quit nudge and some don't. For example, say a player sitting on a strait, that is hidden, sees the other player change to aggression after hitting triple anything. He is not reading the player's (with trips) mind, Mr. Hidden-Strait, is PLAYING him! GOD bless you all.

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no advantage. It's just that some people, regardless of gender, work on the game more with the help of additional programs.