ACR Freebuy game-plan

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there,
Was wondering what are your thought regarding this event. What is your game-plan?
I have a few question which i hope to have your precious input.
1) Start early or late register?
2) Will you rebuy if busted?
3) Will you Addon? If yes, how much is your chip stack that you will addon?
4) What kind of strategy will you use?

Please share your opinion.
Thank you!

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Play wellHope for some luck
The rebuys are only 2500 chips not sure it makes sense for the smaller buy in games
The addon are 10,000 chips if could survive to it, may take it especially on the bigger buy in games as less players will addon.
Have to see how much is a min cash if it less than the add on amount it probably would not make sense to add on

jovan123

jovan123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's hope that the software doesn't crash first .....

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The add-on is only 5 BBs at level 19 so not sure its worth it, and makes it difficult to late reg and have a decent stack. Depends on how many players take it etc. I also just realized that these are rebuy/add-on but also re-entry (max 2x) which is a bit confusing. Can't afford the ones with higher rebuy fees so will have to enter at the start, play tight and make the most of my 20BB starting stack, which won't be easy as many will probably be shoving and rebuying early.

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The add-on is only 5 BBs at level 19 so not sure its worth it, and makes it difficult to late reg and have a decent stack. Depends on how many players take it etc. I also just realized that these are rebuy/add-on but also re-entry (max 2x) which is a bit confusing. Can't afford the ones with higher rebuy fees so will have to enter at the start, play tight and make the most of my 20BB starting stack, which won't be easy as many will probably be shoving and rebuying early.

These series have 2 Free rebuy.
DO NOT click on rebuy after busted.
Exit the tourney>go to tourney lobby>click on the re-entry>choose the view video option instead of using you cash.

Last edited:
firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These series have 2 Free rebuy.
DO NOT click on rebuy after busted.
Exit the tourney>go to tourney lobby>click on the re-entry>choose the view video option instead of using you cash.

Interesting. I didn't know this option existed. I might have to check this out. Thanks.

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting. I didn't know this option existed. I might have to check this out. Thanks.

I got 2 ITM in 'Breast Cancer' and 1 in Freebuy so far.
Cashed $20+ in total with $0 spending..lol
May the Run Good be with you!

L

Lisavandervelden12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got 2 ITM in 'Breast Cancer' and 1 in Freebuy so far.
Cashed $20+ in total with $0 spending..lol
May the Run Good be with you!

Well done! I have only played 1 so far. And the players are worse then a normal freeroll, with the 2 extra frew rebuys.

My strategy for the first 1 was to try and get all in pre if there was alot of action and try for a quick double or triple up, seeing as we have 3 enteies basically. Do that for the second entry. And 3rd entry basically play sound poker.

I was wondering as well about wether there were benefits to late reg. I dont really see any... there are alot of clowns going all in at the start, so i gamble and try to get a stack theb play my A game.

It seems like this strategy, to go all in right away is being applied by at least 33% of the players I seen.

The biggest thing is to hope to get a quick double up, which if u have 3 shots to do that. You should get 1 at least.

Gotta be real lucky in these...i am gonna stay uo all night to play all of these if any of you see me (chefdd)say hi

Also your looking at about 1500-2000 entrants, no doubt plenty of multi accounters, who got 3 shots on each account. That is so annoying.

So basically you gotta be really lucky. Pick your spots after you build a stack. The tournies are turbos, so i feel building a stack early is important.

Also early on you need to make looser calls to preflop all ins, you need to expand your calling range. As most people are ginna be getting it in very very loose.

Gl guys

L

Lisavandervelden12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Ya bud.

It makes for a wild first hour. As alot of people are utilizing the free rebuys, by going all in right away with anything, knowing they got free rebuys.

So..if that isnt your strategy. I would suggest, opening your calling range to preflop allins. To weak Kings any ace any pair. These clowns are shoving any 2 pre.

L

Lisavandervelden12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, if i am sitting on a starting stack, and there are multiple all ins ahead of me, i am callin with any 2. Since there are 2 free rebuys.

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am in #7 freebuy now as we speak. ITM already.
Another Free cash from ACR...lol

My strategy is "Surviving"
All u need to do is survive till Late Registration ran out, then you are almost surely ITM.
Start grabbing the blinds once ITM, nothing to loose and everything to win

L

Lisavandervelden12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am in #7 freebuy now as we speak. ITM already.
Another Free cash from ACR...lol

My strategy is "Surviving"
All u need to do is survive till Late Registration ran out, then you are almost surely ITM.
Start grabbing the blinds once ITM, nothing to loose and everything to win
Well done!

I dont need advice as I am a great player.

But just curious, how many times did you use the free rebuy? Also, what was your early game strat?
Also are you gonna be playing all night and tomorrow? I am whats your acr name incase i see you.

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well done!

I dont need advice as I am a great player.

But just curious, how many times did you use the free rebuy? Also, what was your early game strat?
Also are you gonna be playing all night and tomorrow? I am whats your acr name incase i see you.

I started early on the first dealing. Only with 1000 chips i can't do much but to wait patiently and i don't chase any draw or try to grab the blind since it's early level so no point grabbing those.
I think it's because i play NIT on early stage and then switch to LAG once got ITM.

Both Breast Cancer ITM don't have free re-entry so it's only 1 attempt.
#4 Freebuy i didn't use any of those re-entry
#7 Freebuy i used one and i just finished ranked 100+ with $0.45

My Screenname is Sykc
You must be Chefdd

I play live game on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
No poker on monday
The rest or the week i play online and study

Last edited:
L

Lisavandervelden12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started early on the first dealing. Only with 1000 chips i can't do much but to wait patiently and i don't chase any draw or try to grab the blind since it's early level so no point grabbing those.
I think it's because i play NIT on early stage and then switch to LAG once got ITM.

Both Breast Cancer ITM don't have free re-entry so it's only 1 attempt.
#4 Freebuy i didn't use any of those re-entry
#7 Freebuy i used one and i just finished ranked 100+ with $0.45

My Screenname is Sykc
You must be Chefdd

Nice to meet you Sykc!
Yes i am chefds, how did you know?

Nice job, cashing!
Hopefully ill see you at the tables.

I am gonna be playing every freerool for the next 24 hours.
Even the venom step 2 ticket ones and 10$ones.

Im curious how everyone does in these tonight. I cant wait for the Plo8 freebuy coming.

Idk, if anyone else wants to, but ill report my finishes and bust hands here.

Good luck all, ill be checking in frequently

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice to meet you Sykc!
Yes i am chefds, how did you know?

Nice job, cashing!
Hopefully ill see you at the tables.

I am gonna be playing every freerool for the next 24 hours.
Even the venom step 2 ticket ones and 10$ones.

Im curious how everyone does in these tonight. I cant wait for the Plo8 freebuy coming.

Idk, if anyone else wants to, but ill report my finishes and bust hands here.

Good luck all, ill be checking in frequently

I'm residing in Singapore so my timezone is GMT +8 which mean it's 16:50 right now.
I'll be playing almost all those freebuy until friday night then i go for my live game session.
Venom freeroll i done alot too, in fact i was in step 6 twice but sad to say i didn't manage a venom entry.

I stalk your profile mate...lol
American Omaha player eh?

Yeah sure, report and brag your result here, i'll do the same.
See you on the table!

L

Lisavandervelden12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm residing in Singapore so my timezone is GMT +8 which mean it's 16:50 right now.
I'll be playing almost all those freebuy until friday night then i go for my live game session.
Venom freeroll i done alot too, in fact i was in step 6 twice but sad to say i didn't manage a venom entry.

See you on the table!

It doesnt matter, but are you american?

And cool, lets have some fun and win some money!!!

I look forward to seeibg your results!!

L

Lisavandervelden12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

See you on the table!

I have a question. Can you redeem or sell venom tickets??What about if you have multiple step 2 tix?Do you know?

And damn, you were so close!!!Step 7 is the final step right?

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a question. Can you redeem or sell venom tickets??What about if you have multiple step 2 tix?Do you know?

And damn, you were so close!!!Step 7 is the final step right?

I'm of Chinese Ethnic Singaporean in my mid forties.
No, you can't sell any of those Step 1-6 but once you got cleared step 6 and got the actual Venom entry, which is ($2500+$150), it is transferable to another player. Which means you can cash it out at a discounted price to anyone who are willing to buy it from you. It has to go through ACR Cashier to do the transfer of your ticket to the buyer and then he/she will transfer the credit to your account.

Anyway, playing more venom steps are good. You get to polish up skill and PP and CP points once step 2 onward.
I have collected 2x$10 from Loyalty reward and lots of PP exchange of $1 just by playing venom freeroll.

L

Lisavandervelden12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm of Chinese Ethnic Singaporean in my mid forties.
No, you can't sell any of those Step 1-6 but once you got cleared step 6 and got the actual Venom entry, which is ($2500+$150), it is transferable to another player. Which means you can cash it out at a discounted price to anyone who are willing to buy it from you. It has to go through ACR Cashier to do the transfer of your ticket to the buyer and then he/she will transfer the credit to your account.

Anyway, playing more venom steps are good. You get to polish up skill and PP and CP points once step 2 onward.
I have collected 2x$10 from Loyalty reward and lots of PP exchange of $1 just by playing venom freeroll.

I have collected 2 $10 bonuses to from RP.

I have 2100 RP this year. How much do you have? Bi qm

The freebuy starts soon. Lets get this cash!!!$1,000. Man, itd be so awesome for both of us to FT.

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have collected 2 $10 bonuses to from RP.

I have 2100 RP this year. How much do you have? Bi qm

The freebuy starts soon. Lets get this cash!!!$1,000. Man, itd be so awesome for both of us to FT.
I have 1700ish RP
See you at FT

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Which means you can cash it out at a discounted price to anyone who are willing to buy it from you. It has to go through ACR Cashier to do the transfer of your ticket to the buyer and then he/she will transfer the credit to your account.

Had no idea. Thanks

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also plan to participate in these tournaments. But yesterday when I tried to sign up, technical problems started. I hope that these problems will be resolved today.

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My 3rd Freebuy series cashing.
a Whooping $0.22...lol

WGKKymP
13.png

Last edited:
Top 10 Games